What would be your ideal tracklist for CD3 of The Definitive Collection?

I'm not quite sure where to put this, but I'm obviously having a HUGE Kylie BINGE.

I don't think I knew she'd covered 'Nothing Can Stop Us Now'. I mean it's nothing on the Et of course.

I'm not quite sure where to put this, but I'm obviously having a HUGE Kylie BINGE.

I don't think I knew she'd covered 'Nothing Can Stop Us Now'. I mean it's nothing on the Et of course.

Mooted as the first single from KM94 at some point too.

There’s also hidden Et-produced stuff in the vaults

She now owns all the PWL and Decon stuff, doesn’t she? Perhaps she might relent and raid the vaults one day. I don’t think there is much PWL stuff unreleased apart from a few mixes but there’s a LOT of Decon unreleased stuff.

Can someone please correct the typo in the title, by the way?

She's never been a vault raider. Quite the opposite REALLY!

Can someone please correct the typo in the title, by the way?

She's never been a vault raider. Quite the opposite REALLY!

Yes, I was about to say.

The fact that she now owns her deConstruction material means there's even less chance of anything being released.

When did she get hold of her early stuff? How much did it cost her?

Other questions I could google.

The PWL material reverted to her first I think. deConstruction was more recently.

Let's just say that Kylie and Terry Blamey were very shrewd when they exchanged contracts with the various companies. Apparently the Parlophone recordings aren't that far off either.

There was a recent article about how a lot of the material has fallen within BMG’s remit due to the way they’re positioned with other labels. It’s probably the most ownership one label has had.

Well she has licensed the PWL & deConstruction material to BMG and the Greatest Hits is a joint venture between BMG & Parlophone.

Well she has licensed the PWL & deConstruction material to BMG and the Greatest Hits is a joint venture between BMG & Parlophone.

BMG do seem to be very good at getting labels to work together.

I still think my proposed disc is the most realistic but I also hear the calls for a set with all of her singles in chronological order and then a disc of B-sides and rarities etc.

I think if you’re going to call it The Definitive Collection, it sort of implies that it’ll be complete, right?
Greatest hits is similarly prescriptive (no flops and just pray the new songs don’t flop)

A different name maybe. Ultimate Kylie was a great name

I don't think "definitive" = "complete". Would "The Definitive Velvet Underground Collection" include anything from "Squeeze"? (clue - no). I guess it's saying that these are the songs that define her and therefore, the collection is "definitive".

I don't think "definitive" = "complete". Would "The Definitive Velvet Underground Collection" include anything from "Squeeze"? (clue - no). I guess it's saying that these are the songs that define her and therefore, the collection is "definitive".

Yeah fair enough
Mind you, I wouldn’t want to ask people which songs are the most “important” in her career, you’d never hear the end of it

This was absolutely not a good example to help me understand :D

Put it this way. Would a Spice Girls "Definitive collection" include anything other than the 3 singless off Forever? THOUGHT SO.

This was absolutely not a good example to help me understand :D

Aye, fair enough - first thing that came to mind...(it was a duff album made by no original members at all, made instead by someone who had joined on the third album and a few chums).

Aye, fair enough - first thing that came to mind...(it was a duff album made by no original members at all, made instead by someone who had joined on the third album and a few chums).

I feel like we can make this into a tenuous Sugababes comparison if we just put our heads together

It's not as if she called it The Complete Singles Collection, as then you would have to include ALL the singles, but there ARE some glaring omissions from this set. If the third disc does materialise then she really needs to include the following:

- If You Were With Me Now, Chocolate and Giving You Up were all UK Top 10 singles
- Word is Out, Finer Feelings, Did It Again, Where is the Feeling? and Into the Blue were all UK Top 20 singles
- Some Kind of Bliss was top 30
- Better Than Today was top 40

So that's half the disc already. I suppose the remainder could come from a number of the lesser singles. But I don't think this is the right set for rare/unreleased/lost tracks. That can be a totally different compilation.

Btw, Does she HATE If You Were With Me Now or something? It got to number FOUR. It deserves this place on the collection. But I don't think she has ever performed it live, has she? Maybe she didn't get on with Keith Washington.

It's not as if she called it The Complete Singles Collection, as then you would have to include ALL the singles, but there ARE some glaring omissions from this set. If the third disc does materialise then she really needs to include the following:

- If You Were With Me Now, Chocolate and Giving You Up were all UK Top 10 singles
- Word is Out, Finer Feelings, Did It Again, Where is the Feeling? and Into the Blue were all UK Top 20 singles
- Some Kind of Bliss was top 30
- Better Than Today was top 40

So that's half the disc already. I suppose the remainder could come from a number of the lesser singles. But I don't think this is the right set for rare/unreleased/lost tracks. That can be a totally different compilation.

Btw, Does she HATE If You Were With Me Now or something? It got to number FOUR. It deserves this place on the collection. But I don't think she has ever performed it live, has she? Maybe she didn't get on with Keith Washington.
Did she even meet Keith Washington?

There is room for a couple more PWL songs, so I was surprised Finer Feelings at least got the chop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom