Whatev's Christina Aguilera Top 50!

Dirrty was the first of the big tour de force lead singles that became en vogue and expected for a while. It was grubby as hell and I'm still gaping from it. It should have been banger after banger after this.
I wonder why she never worked with that team again...

I wonder why she never worked with that team again...

I'm sure she's very easy to work with and not unpleasant AT ALL! :eyes:

in all seriousness though, it was a recurrent thing with her, it was always so strange to me why she rarely "recycled" writing/production teams bar Sia and old dykey Linda. Maybe her earnst to alway have a different sound prevented her from doing that.

Can we hear more on the Linda and Sia beef? I always imagine Xtina must have been seething when Ri got Diamonds after she put Si on the non lezbo map.

I can't believe it took us a whole month to get to the GOOD SONGS but at least this countdown isn't on Jark-levels consistency. :eyes:

Get Mine, Get Yours
Stripped (2002)

This ode to casual sex has aged better than most of the tracks on Stripped. I remember being instantly drawn to it as a frigid teen gay, not because I could relate to the filthy lyrics, but because I genuinely loved R&B and great vocals. The squelchy beat and dramatic strings really ramp up the tension on this track and I love the way it leads so well into Dirrty on the album. The rich backing vocals are faultless and there's even some whistle register in the bridge. It got a little bit of attention with some live performances when she was promoting the album. Another one I don't get sick of, no matter how many times I hear it.

Highlight: 2:26 "Hand on my waistline! Ooooooh yeah yeah yeah yeah, but don't fall in LOVE!"

Listen:

Genie In A Bottle
Christina Aguilera (1999)

Has there ever been a more perfect example of R&B-tinged Pop? Well, yes, but this comes pretty close. I remember hearing this on the radio for the first few times and having to stop and listen to this incredible voice. Of course, it was one of THE hits of that summer and remains her biggest selling physical single to date, having spent five weeks at #1 in the US and two weeks at #1 in the UK. It was Top 5 in every country of release and went platinum in almost every country: a serious worldwide hit. I still think it sounds amazing and fresh to this day. And to think Xtina wasn't taken with it and didn't want it to be her first single! I wonder what she would've chosen instead. Thank fuck they didn't listen to her. Every single harmony and ad lib is pure genius and full of soul - so classy and understated - which is all the more impressive when you consider how young she was when she recorded it. I never got all the fuss about the raunchy lyrics - it's pretty tame really, especially given what was to come!

Highlight: 2:54 "I'm a genie in a bottle... with me... ooh... gotta make a big impression... OH YEAH YEAH!"

Watch:

Here's Genio Atrapado, the Spanish version - note the slightly stronger (if less restrained) vocals.

Love the cut and paste video!

I remember I bought the US edition of Stripped because de latino edition replaced the original Get mine, get yours with the spanish version :( :D

Eventually I got the spanish version one in some compilation.

Can we also talk about these ICONIC artworks?

Genie_in_a_Bottle.png

aguileragenie.jpg

I remember I bought the US edition of Stripped because de latino edition replaced the original Get mine, get yours with the spanish version :( :D

Eventually I got the spanish version one in some compilation.
Was it a big hit there?

Uuuuhhoooohaaaoooowooooeeewoooho

Those are the best parts.

This has always been amazing, I wish I had a better quality version:

Was it a big hit there?

No. I don't think it was ever intended to be single and I recall looking for at least a promo CD ages ago on Ebay. I think it was part of a Telenovela soundtrack at the most and that's it.
Anyway, I always had the impression it existed due to the Latin American market asking "What's next?" after she did Mi Reflejo which was an obvious latino cash-in and nothing else and she was like "oh hola Latinos here's this song" as some sort of reminder she spoke spanish in another life and then fucked off.

I found this and it doesn't look like a bootleg at all :eyes:

https://www.ebay.es/itm/CHRISTINA-A...O-TE-DOY-CD-SINGLE-RARE-2-TRACK-/113608311222

Where the fuck are you getting 5 more albums without counting netiher Liberation and Merry Christmas :shock:unless you're cheating and you're counting SOUNDTRACKS as albums

#Justice4HoyTengoGanasDeTi

how can THIS not be the highlight?

so come on and freak my.. BODY
we can get nasty... NAUGHTY!
all night a private.. PARTY!
gotta hit that spot just right
work me like a nine to five
it ain't about the kissin' and HUGGIN'
cause this is a physical LOVIN'
straight sweatin', our bodies are RUBBIN'
gotta hit that spot just right
work me like a nine to FIIII-IIVE
can we have a physical things
ehhhHHHhhhhh
make love
but don't fall.... in love

:coffin:

I THINK I know which is the track from the first album and I'm totally here for it but I don't want to say which one because I can't remember if it's been and I don't want to spoil anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom