Whatev's Mariah Carey Top 50!

Every so often I try to find the first version of the Westlife duet where Mark does an impression of her singing. I've mentioned it before I know but Simon Cowell forced them to tone it down.

Anyway I love AAO, but let's face it - that vocal CRACK in the climax was cause for concern (which I've also said before)

It was mentioned somewhere recently that all of her cover versions are MOR blandy songs by men - and it's true!

For someone who LIVED AND BREATHED HIP HOP while growing up, she loves a good Mumballad

Miss You Feat. Jadakiss
Charmbracelet/The Remixes

Why was this not on the album properly? Why was it not a single? How is it not head and shoulders above Boy (I Need You) and The One?? Relegated to bonus track status in the UK and Japan, and then buried on the (brilliant) Remixes album, this JD track features some of her best vocals from that era, a strong melody, a killer beat, a tight song structure and a nice, brief rap section from Jadakiss. I also love the lyrics and was desperate to break up with someone so I could feel my oats to it (which I did). An overlooked gem.

It was mentioned somewhere recently that all of her cover versions are MOR blandy songs by men - and it's true!

For someone who LIVED AND BREATHED HIP HOP while growing up, she loves a good Mumballad
I think, after Without You, it was a formula that worked and she stuck to it.

WELL no, for me it's great but the squeaky last-ditch additions were not worthwhile.

Miss You Feat. Jadakiss
Charmbracelet/The Remixes

Why was this not on the album properly? Why was it not a single? How is it not head and shoulders above Boy (I Need You) and The One?? Relegated to bonus track status in the UK and Japan, and then buried on the (brilliant) Remixes album, this JD track features some of her best vocals from that era, a strong melody, a killer beat, a tight song structure and a nice, brief rap section from Jadakiss. I also love the lyrics and was desperate to break up with someone so I could feel my oats to it (which I did). An overlooked gem.

SUCH a great song. One of my favourite DEEP CUTS

Catching up.

Emotions I think doesn’t have the overplay thing going on because it never was over here. I still love it now.

Touch My Body was shit at the time but it’s grown on me since and it raises a mild smile. Never knew it hit the all important SARCASTIC MADGE HIT PARADE though :disco:

And The Remixes is magnificent. I had My All and Heartbreaker/If You Should Ever Be Lonely on in my car on my way to and back from the other end of the beach for my swim this evening. Top notch.

I used to pretend I didn't like Against All Odds back at the turn of the century. I don't know why. The "But to WAIT for you... is ALL I can do... and that's WHAT I GOT to FACE" is just... ugh... an icon and a legend at covers. *throws flowers*

The MSG version of Make It Happen... kills me. The vocal runs. The iconic "I SEE YOU UP THERE... YEAH-YEAH-YEAH-EAHAHAHHAHHAHHH". Talent called; it wants its voice back. :(

The MTV Unplugged version is also fantastic. Her piano players really decided to go toe-to-toe with her vocals.

Emotions, again, is another one that works best in Unplugged, or the 12" Remix. That album should have been served to us live. Imagine peak era You're So Cold live. I get shivers.

This countdown is really sending me down a Mariah wormhole. I mean Suedey's countdown has been around a long time and I'm happy for it, but this one is giving us vocals, it's giving us moments, it's giving us life and it's everything.

Never never listen to anybody... when they try to discourage you... because they do that... believe me

God, sometimes I stan this cripplingly insecure yet confident and determined Aries queen so hard :disco:

OMG, HB my fellow Aries queen :disco: No wonder we share a love for the Legendary Ms MC. I wonder if Ms. dUb is a Fire sign too.

Oh soz I'm a Taurus! 🐂

Happy Anniversary, @Whatevar! Hope ur waited on hand n foot on ure special day x

mariah carey diva by BECKY'S INCREDIBLE GIF COLLECTION

I always think it's telling that Mariah, Diana, Aretha and Stefani are Aries, giving you talent and vocals and drive. And then Marge and J Lo are Leos, giving you a lot of... how do I say this... confidence and self-belief

I know we haven't got to it yet, but I just had a moment to Looking In.

Well here I am
For all of them bleed
But they can't take my heart from me
And they can't bring me to my knees
They'll never know the real me...

To end a blockbuster, pre-divorce, pre-liberation album with that was... wig

I know we haven't got to it yet, but I just had a moment to Looking In.

Well here I am
For all of them bleed
But they can't take my heart from me
And they can't bring me to my knees
They'll never know the real me...

To end a blockbuster, pre-divorce, pre-liberation album with that was... wig
Not featured. Sorry bout it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom