Where is Rihanna?

She’s created a make up line which sits alongside the most established of brands and makes her an absolute fortune. She is by all accounts completely involved in the entire operation too, it’s not just slapping her name on a product and taking a cheque.

I doubt she cares whether she has another hit era or is deemed too old to be industry viable. She’s created an empire.

This is the equivalent of Posh refusing to join the Spice Girls to focus on her fashion career. Except Rihanna did it to herself.

To be honest, it has been so long I actually have SOME doubts Riri would be able to capture the same success she had around 2015, beyond the huge excitement her return to music would evidently cause.

While Anti was great I don’t really miss her and rarely listen to her. She released more albums in 10 years than others do in their entire career (although maybe this WAS her entire music career). I say keep getting money bitch.

If she loved music so much, no matter how many ventures she tries in her spare time, she'd at least try to score a cheap collab with some rapper or David Guetta every now and then, I don't know.
All the other pop girls seem to have the same side hustles these days (Skincare line, acting, TV talent show judges, music...) yet they try to stay active in every field, namely Selena Gomez and Ariana.

@Dark Carnival mentioned V as an example, Rihanna is doing ok without the hassle of recording, promoting, and touring; the difference here is that she's not probably embarrassed by her music career, it's just that she can't be arsed and probably getting money in an easier way :D

If she loved music so much, no matter how many ventures she tries in her spare time, she'd at least try to score a cheap collab with some rapper or David Guetta every now and then, I don't know.
if she loved music so much, surely she wouldn't do that :D those collabs are all label-driven attempts at cheap hits. she doesn't need one darling! I believe she actually is hungry to put another album out but (i) wants to take her time and make it the classic it needs to be, (ii) is happy running her empire until then and (iii) very much enjoys making us SWEAT.

We don't want her And Just Like That era. It needs to be classic or we can pretend it all ended with Kiss It Better.

That photo looks like a still from a straight-to-TV movie from 2005.

Did @Jark post this on reddit? :D
Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 1.03.47 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom