Which Eurovision artists do you listen to beyond their entry(s)?

VoR

Take it or leave it
As in the ones you would genuinely stream a new album by, consider seeing in concert etc.

ABBA and Celine Dion are a given, obviously.

Also for me Lena Philipsson and Charlotte Perrelli most notably of the Swedish lot. But lots of others I maintain at least a passing interest in.

I don't listen to everything she puts out, but I'm always here for a Helena Paparizou banger and her two post-Eurovision English albums are big faves with me.

Same with Margaret Berger, I haven't paid massive attention to her recent Norwegian stuff, but I loved her before ESC thanks to the fabulous Pretty Scary Silver Fairy album.

I have a feeling 2021 could easily add a couple to this list. Go_A and Dadi both seem like they're going to have an afterlife.

Mahmood & Francesca Michielin mainly. Loreen back when she actually released music too.

Other than that, not many bar the follow up single.

Reactions: VoR
Without doubt Helena, Charlotte and Lena.

That Go Ape album is amazing.

I can't include artists that arrived at Eurovision famous or were famous by the time I was aware of Eurovision.

I did lose a whole afternoon listening to Grethe and Jorgen Ingmann

I realised how little I’ve investigated. I’ve listened to the odd MF artist album like Måns and Sanna, but that’s all.

the Eastern European acts I like always get chopped up when they lose and most of the rest don’t have careers to speak of anyway

If anyone's interested, some very good albums from Eurovision veterans.

I properly love the latest Hooverphonic album.

I wouldn’t play regularly but I’ve got and/or listened to plenty from Kate Ryan, Anouk, Patricia Kaas, Soraya Arnelas, Svetlana Loboda and Margaret Berger. I even bought the Bonnie Tyler album the year she entered.

Last edited:
I properly love the latest Hooverphonic album.

I wouldn’t play regularly but I’ve got and/or listened to plenty from Kate Ryan, Anouk, Patricia Kaas, Soraya Arnelas and Margaret Berger.

Their last album with Luka (DEAD) is my fave

Everything much better than the dud that would’ve been their entry last year.

Artists like Eleni, Go_A, Deep Zone Project, Urban Trad, Sunstroke Project I discovered thanks to Eurovision.

Artists like Margaret Berger or especially t.A.T.u I don’t immediately associate with Eurovision as I knew them before.

Obviously hoping Efendi is busy recording 12 more Mata Haris to slap on something resembling an album.

Reactions: VoR
Lots of SERGEY. Because he clearly got a grip after Scream and started releasing banger after banger after banger during the past 24 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom