Which songs from Joanne do you still use?

Jark

User
I've been DABBLING just a bit lately to find out if I've been missing out.

Angel Down remains excellent, and I like Hey Girl. Million Reasons was a good single but has been a bit overshadowed, although the Superbowl performance remains seminal. And I suppose I can fuck with John Wayne if shit gets desperate.

Otherwise it's just a STONE BORE to me. Not because it's not "pop", just that the songs are dull. Perfect Illusion is surely one of her worst ever - what were they thinking? Tuneless shoutfest. For some reason it's completely revered on Popjustice when in fact its video was its only redeeming feature.

Diamond Heart
John Wayne
Dancin in Circles
Perfect Illusion
Million Reasons
Sinner’s Prayer
Angel Down
Just Another Day

Any list that doesn’t include Dancin in Circles...it’s like, why are you a Gaga fan?

Angel Down and Million Reasons.

I tried to listen to Dancin in Circles the other day, and rather than being the fabulous Ace of Base knock-off I remembered, it was more of a TWANGY SHOUT-FEST. Can't say I was here for it as much as I wanted to be.

Angel Down would have been a fabulously demented Christmas single, with suitably dramatic video to compliment.

Diamond Heart - 10
Ayo - 10
Joanne (Piano Version) - 10
John Wayne - 10
Dancin' In Circles - 10
Perfect Illusion - 10
Million Reasons - 10
Sinner's Prayer - 10
Come to Mama - 8 a cute Slade bop
Hey Girl - 1 gurl bye
Angel Down - 10 #blacklivesmatter
Just Another Day - 8 a cute Slade bop
Grigio Girls - 8

Diamond Heart, Joanne, Million Reasons and Angel Down are my takeaways and some of her best songs. I had two close friends pass away in quick succession around the time of the album after long battles so the song Joanne itself is quite a tough listen when i remember visiting them in their last weeks.

I still look fondly upon Joanne, Million Reasons, Hey Girl and Grigio Girls, and I get lots of personal enjoyment out of Perfect Illusion even if I can admit it's a mess and not for the masses.

Grigio Girls.

And that’s it.

giphy.gif

Perfect Illusion is still incredible, but other than that the only ones I go back to are Dancin' In Circles, and occasionally Angel Down and Million Reasons.

Million Reasons, mainly.

I quite like Joanne and John Wayne too.

Oh God absolutely none of them.

Also 'use'. Have a better word.

Is USE the new word with hip swingers? I might start a “Which songs from the Rosie Ribbons albam do you still use?” thread. Personally I like to use ‘No Space To Rent’ to torment the chinchilla and also ‘Colours’ makes for great bum wipe and sauce thickener. I bet old Beardo McWeirdo @Suomi uses them all the time to rub himself off to, but that’s the gays of today for you :gross:

Oh God absolutely none of them.

Also 'use'. Have a better word.
It's a Popjustice thing.

I can leave the entire album to be honest, nothing there worth revisiting. The same goes for the dreaded Shallow.

A-Yo, and Dancing in Circles still slap, and perhaps controversially I love Just Another Day.

Despite loving the rare moments of balladry on the other albums, I found most of the slowies on Joanne blend into one interminable snooze. Give us ANTHEMS, not DEAD AUNThems.

We USE and CONSUME music now, don't you know? Kylie forbid we LISTEN or HEAR!

"Dancin In Circles" was the only one I regularly went back to... although I remember liking "Joanne". And, er that's it. I need to give it another try, though.

Perfect Illusion
Million Reasons
John Wayne
Dancing In Circles
Diamond Heart

Anyway at the time I enjoyed Diamond Heart, Perfect Illusion, Sinner’s Prayer and Angel Down and didn’t really take issue with any of the album, but I can honestly say that I haven’t “used” ANY of it since about a month after release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom