Whitney Houston & George Michael - "If I Told You THAT"

What WOULD you SAY?

• Total voters
Tens tens tens across the board!

I know it’s not a Moopy favourite but I personally adore it. This is how you do ”shouting”.

And the video is a lovely mix of As (100/10) and Could I Have This Kiss Forever (11/10) (even if the latter came after).

oh it's FABULOUS.

The original from the MLIYL album is a highlight of a fantastic album, and even though they never really changed the song the George version is even better, it works better as a duet.

This is good, but not as good as I thought it was going to be or should be. Was surprised it only made #9 or something too which I think is testamanent to it just not being the track it SHOULD be for them both

Most of the high profile duets that were released during these years were a bit underwhelming considering how they could have been instead, but I think this one is one of the best and as mentioned elevated the already good original version.

Least we forget, MJB's label wouldn't allow her on George's As for the American release of Ladies & Gentlemen, so there was a lot to boost this duet's charge. Musically on it's own it has plenty of oomph as it is. I mean, it bulldozed over the Enrique duet.

Legends only. Although Ms. George correctly was deferential to The Voice, who delivered all the stand-out moments. And who can forget that it's-so-2000-it-hurts video, where Whitney seems to get progressively more off-her-tits as the whole thing progresses. And who can blame her. Queens!

He definitely reigned it in for this one and let Whitney own the moment on her song, which is interesting because he certainly didn’t reign it in with Miss Aretha. He actually gets all the best ad-libs on that. She’d never let PATTI get away with that!

I mean, you say that like he had a choice over whether The Legendary Ms Whitney Houston would outsing him or not :basil: There was no choice, let's get that straight.

Well no Whitney shade but Aretha is hardly a step down! Even Whitney herself bowed to the Queen.

not just in terms of voice but in ability to own the room. Celine tried it once and she was lucky to leave the Divas Live venue alive...

Wasn’t the original idea of the duet to be with Michael Jackson? I wonder what that would have sounded like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom