Who do you WANT to win Melodifestivalen 2021?

My fave is...

• Total voters

Soldi

Πάμε put your hands up
Pronouns
He/him
We have our finalists, GO!

Oh there isn't an option for "anyone but Eric".

It’s really Dotter or Clara for me (albeit I feel the latter is sadly chanceless). I’d also be really happy with Eric and The Mamas too. Tusse feels the most likely at this point but Voices is just so MEH.

None of them are winners, but Charlotte would just be such a joy to see at Eurovision

I voted Dotter because it's really grown on me since the performance and I think it would have a better chance at Eurovision than Charlotte, but my heart is with Charlotte.

The Mamas are my dreamworld pick as In The Middle is my favourite song overall but for various reasons I’m putting my realistic hopes and positive manifesting energy behind Little Tot

Ultimately though, anything but Voices :gross:

Charlotte is my favorite song, but I want it most for Clara. I'd also be happy with Arvingarna, Dotter, Eric Saade, or the Mamas. I don't dislike Tusse exactly, but I don't really get what makes it so good for the public.

As someone who barely survived the 2008 rollercoaster, I absolutely do NOT want Charlotte Perrelli to go to Eurovision again. I mean I had sleepless nights before her Melodifestivalen SEMI this year
I second that. I’m all for a diva sweeping Mello and redeeming Schlager at some point but this is not the song and Charlotte is not the artist. We need new blood (or Carola) for that!

Why bother sending Still young which would struggle qualifying for the ESC finals? Please Charlotte, treasure this come back for what it is and return even stronger in 2025 :)

This year I believe we have five top 10 candidates for Rotterdam!

Last edited:
Charlotte is my favorite song, but I want it most for Clara. I'd also be happy with Arvingarna, Dotter, Eric Saade, or the Mamas. I don't dislike Tusse exactly, but I don't really get what makes it so good for the public.
Tusses song is perfect for Mello where you can vote 1-5 times for each entry. Much like Move from last year it’s something that offends nobody and is sure to pick up at least 2-3 hearts from the average Swede.

It will struggle much more at ESC were you need to stand out to get people voting for you.

Please Charlotte, treasure this come back for what it is and return even stronger in 2025 :)

I agree with this but I dread if we wait for 2025, by then Charlotte will come to the conclusion she needs to form a supergroup with Dinah Nah and Tess Merkel a la Swedish House Wives, only to crash out tragically in the SF in 5th. :(

• Love
Reactions: Hak
Clara please. It’s quite stirring

Also I’d like to see them send something in Swedish FOR ONCE. It’s been TWENTY THREE YEARS!

I agree with this but I dread if we wait for 2025, by then Charlotte will come to the conclusion she needs to form a supergroup with Dinah Nah and Tess Merkel a la Swedish House Wives, only to crash out tragically in the SF in 5th. :(
I’d love to see this happen but don’t you worry, Charlotte was asked this exact question in a recent interview. She made it abundantly clear she’s not at all interested in competing with a gimmicky constellation just for the sake of Schlager fans :D

If we want something in Swedish is sending Danny completely out of the question?

I mean, I get that we “want to share her moment”. I know we all love the genuine singer-songwriter performing with nothing but a guitar, a purpose and overly anxious facial expressions. However, going to ESC is a whole other ball game. You’re no longer a winner but a representative among other winners. Imagine having the responsibility of an entire fanatic nation resting on your shoulders. What happens if you drop the ball?

Haven’t we put this still recovering opioid abuser through enough already??

Last edited:
I think I have a lot of time for Tusse in general but Voices is such a DRAB Idol winning single.

Charlotte or Clara would be incredible, of course but Dotter would be my preferred choice of the ones who actually have a shot.

Tusse is looking more and more like a lock, it seems. Which I honestly think is a huge mistake - he's great, but this feels like his dry run before he comes back in a couple of years with a better song.

Agreed! I like Tusse HIMSELF far more than I like the song, although admittedly I don't think Voices is TERRIBLE.

Little Tot kind of feels like Dotter's now-or-never moment to win MF for me. (See also Mariette's TOTALLY fumbled bag with 'For You' :D )

Odds

1.68 Tusse
3.75 Eric Saade
10 The Mamas
11 Dotter
32 Danny Saucedo
34 Clara Klingenström
81 Charlotte Perrelli
126 Anton Ewald
176 Paul Rey
201 Arvingarna
251 Klara Hammarström
251 Alvaro Estrella

The Mamas were considered a high finish but not a serious threat to win last year weren't they, and this time they've got the added massive goodwill behind them (though yes, a slightly worse but still very good entry)

I might have a flutter on them :side-eye:

I'd actually really support a The Mama's win now we've seen a lot of the entries from other countries. They would really stand out, whereas the likes of Dotter would be competing with a lot of other uptempo females.

Reactions: dUb
I like In The Middle but it screams about 16th place at Eurovision. As much as I’m not a fan of Voices, at least that feels like a safe top ten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom