Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Azerbaijan

• The Netherlands

• Sweden

• Total voters
I really wish EVERYONE was on the SAME PAGE. I just see it all as ridiculous HYPERBOLE about something we're passionate about. Bring it to fucking BOILING POINT. it's FUN! Although Poison Pen, is the exception to THAT RULE. I completely include myself as part of a current trend of getting HYPERSENSITIVE about STUFF. Ideally, we'd all just MOVE ON as quickly as the posts.

On the whole, we all MUDDLE THROUGH and GET OVER IT, just occasionally someone gets stressed or doesn't let stuff go.

It's hardly ASFM, in terms of INFLATED PASSIONS.

I think you're perhaps reading a little too much into what I meant.
I've been a (mainly Eurovision-focused) poster for many years now, and I'm VERY used to this place being on a permanent 8 or 9 (whcih I something I absolutely feed into myself), it just feels recently every time I log in most threads are at BOILING POINT and for me personally it's getting a bit exhausting.
I absolutely did not mean any kind of shutting down debate at all - you even mention tone above, with perhaps debate for one person reads as an argument for another.
As I also said, i think this is a product of it being national final season and almost all of us cooped up at home with Eurovision as our big escapist moment - I'm sure things will naturally and organically simmer down a little over the next few weeks.

I also wasn't intentionally targeting you in my above post (and to underline here - you are a poster I respect and thoroughly enjoy).
My aim was to speak up and support Soldi who was making a point I agreed with. I'm not really sure what the solution is, or whether we necessarily even NEED one at all, but it's always fun to VENT :eyes:
I realised the timing of my post made it look like I was referring just to you, that wasn’t my intention. I read a lot of the discourse on here as just that, but as I say it’s difficult to judge the tone of a post so I get that things can come across as shouting.

The results are a bit out of date but apparently Moopy thinks we're heading for a Swiss victory, with no-one else even getting half of their score in this poll.

Time to BUMP this thread now we’re just days away from rehearsals.

I’m really starting to think Malta will WALK IT. I just can’t see the performance being a flop, we KNOW she can sing, she’s got one of the best staging directors behind her performance and Malta are known for throwing money at the staging.

If not Malta then I’m seeing Cyprus, France, Lithuania, Sweden and Switzerland as potential winners depending on staging with Bulgaria or Greece as potential shock winners.

That said Bulgaria are at 16/1 so it probably wouldn’t be all that much of a shock.

It's all gone a bit quiet on the Switzerland front hasn't it? I can still see it happening but Malta looks more likely today for sure...

I still think Sweden; it'll sail between the jury and televote scores and nab the win.

Malta or Iceland

I just don't see France or Switzerland having the mass appeal.

Same, still thinking Malta, too.

But I'd also be 100% on board with Italy, Cyprus, San Marino, Russia and, bien sur, LA LETTONIE. DOUZE POINTS - LUNE DE SANG.

Thread BUMPED and poll RESET!

I will genuinely be a bit bummed if Italy do it. It'd just be so anticlimactic.

I guess I'll at least get a nice holiday out of it.

I will genuinely be a bit bummed if Italy do it. It'd just be so anticlimactic.

I guess I'll at least get a nice holiday out of it.
Completely this. I'd add France to that as well.

I was mega excited about a strong chance of a first-time winner (I don't really care which out of Malta, Iceland, Cyprus, Lithuania) but it looks as though that's fading.

Iceland feel like they've got it in the bag to me. Unless there's a *really* big jury lead for Malta

I think it's probably Iceland or Italy now, but still holding out hope for Malta.

Not that anybody asked, but the possible winners ranked by my preference

1. Malta
2. Iceland
3. Switzerland
4. Ukraine
5. France/Italy (Prefer the Italian song, prefer France to win because they've waited longer. But really hoping it's neither)

Can't see it being anybody else at this stage. The fact that there's still six in it is amazing enough though!

I really DON'T KNOW. I could make a case for SO MANY songs, not to mention some complete black horses (Portugal, Serbia) that could take us all by surprise.

I think Iceland or Italy are definitely the most likely - but then 1944 won for Ukraine in 2016, so I can't completely rule out Shum either.

I'm so curious to see if the results are going to be a nail-biting bloodbath, or if it's going to be revealed that one song (probably Iceland) was the clear winner all along...

I really can’t at Iceland winning this, it’s just too WHOLESOME, to the extent it makes me ILL.

I voted Iceland but I have.no idea. How are the.odds right now? Any relevant change after the running order?

My gut is saying either Italy or France.

I wouldn't resent either of them winning as nations but I'm really not fans of either songs.

I'd love Iceland to do it(as my home from home) but I think it's unlikely.

I much prefer it when go in like this - not really knowing!

I liked Ukraine the most from the semis but I wouldn’t want Ukraine to win so soon again. I’d rather have Italy because they’re due a win. But I hope France... or Sweden (even if I don’t particularily like our song).

Iceland feel like the winner, though I still wonder deep in my heart if Senhit could pull something off.

My favourite has no chance but I predict it will be a surprise battle between San Marino, Portugal and Iceland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom