Why Techno Is Harder, Faster and Angrier Than Ever

Dark Carnival

Serving cunt
https://btprt.dj/ecby1o#https://www...echno-is-harder-faster-and-angrier-than-ever/

So I have come across this article discussing the resurgence of hard techno. The writer links it to people having a lot of stuff to be angry about in the world right now, which is true but I also think it's a cycle.

Either way I have definitely noticed this in Paris where the average sized techno parties I used to go to are now these huge events that draw literally thousands of people. And the sound has definitely got more violent. I'm HERE for this :disco:

I find it very tiresome that most clubs in Copenhagen have tried to be Berghain lite for the last couple of years and counting. it was fun for a while but now it's just coked up anti social marathons

BRING BACK DISCO

I don’t think it’s about people being angrier, it’s more about people’s taste evolving and getting into more hardcore techno.

I find it very tiresome that most clubs in Copenhagen have tried to be Berghain lite for the last couple of years and counting. it was fun for a while but now it's just coked up anti social marathons

BRING BACK DISCO

:evil:

There should be a Berghain in every town.

everyone is into techno these days. i put it down to drugs and disenfranchisement.

i don't mind it but i'd take house and disco over it any time. i always feel bad for the djs too - how the fuck do you remember the name of a hundred songs that go thump thump thump screech?

I’ve always been into harder styles of techno, dont get me wrong, I love house, disco etc but theres something good about dark sweaty rooms of relentless pounding 4/4 music when you are off your tits

Personally I think its just a natural evolution, for years we had to put up with insipid minimal and then tech house, now I think fashion is shifting to to harder and faster

I mean we went to see Marco Carolla a few years ago do a 6 hour set at Ushuaia and I swear he could have been playing the same track on loop, it was so boring. But this year I went to see Slam under a motorway, and it was fucking amazing

Ive just started reading the article and it basically says that. Probably should have read it first. Can’t wait for hard house to get popular again.

:evil:

There should be a Berghain in every town.

but the places and the crowds are not Berghain, that's my gripe. it's a fantasy that can't be duplicated

and I'd rather you sang me a song on the dance floor, sweet RS :)

BRING BACK DISCO
Oh the offer here remains pretty varied. Maybe not disco, but quite frankly Idon't care about that :(

I’ve always been into harder styles of techno, dont get me wrong, I love house, disco etc but theres something good about dark sweaty rooms of relentless pounding 4/4 music when you are off your tits

Personally I think its just a natural evolution, for years we had to put up with insipid minimal and then tech house, now I think fashion is shifting to to harder and faster
Yes! I can't think of anything worse than minimal house :zombie:

Big fan of a lot of the stuff that has been coming out. Anastasia Kristensen, Courtesy all breaking through, BPMs shifting up above 130.

Funny thing, it isn't as "hard" as the main room techno that dominates popular dance floors. The likes of Adam Beyer, Charlotte De Witt etc all seem to have that massive boomy kick drum techno with a single hook as their motif. I remember there was a good laugh at Marco Carola when he stated his marathon sets go everywhere, sometimes 125BPM, sometimes 128BPM. Fucking clap right there.

But the fast stuff, it can be kicking, sometimes twinkly, sometimes breaksy... it feels like a real melting pot of ideas right now.

Yes! I can't think of anything worse than minimal house :zombie:

I think minimal has been "dead" for some time now in all reality. You get some DJs who play it - the early days of Nina Kraviz' трип imprint comes to mind - but it is usually one flavour in a much wider spectrum.

And that is usually the death knell of any popular genre, when it becomes identified with an extremely limited set of rules. Certain DJs only, certain labels, one type of sound, nothing ever different.

I go back to something like Dan Bell's Tresor mix from 2005, before when minimal took off, and it is an absolute masterclass in it - goes everywhere from Villalobos to Paper Recordings to Herbert to Tuff Jam.

Oh and trance, progressive trance, progressive house - this is coming back in a big way with a bright fresh crop of producers. Do check out Nathan Micay and what he is doing on his Eternal Schvitz label.

Old tech house too. Plenty of repress labels going back to the nineties - Mint Condition, one of the Holding Hands sublabels. This is a great time for electronic music, bringing in all the maligned genres back under one roof and allowing an anything goes mentality.

Theres a raft of cracking techno gigsgoing off in Manchester this year, Rush and Robert Hood in the next couple of months. Ntsntsnts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom