The War in Ukraine

"Why would you want to take over the breadbasket of Europe when you're barely able to feed your own?" :basil:

A fair point in this case :D but it’s not like either of them is doing a great job in satisfying their population, why add more misery?

And goodness knows we all criticise the government plenty, and rightly, around here, but the UK taking a stand is good to see.

I mean honestly, this couldn't be a more open-shut case of dogshit imperialism. They don't have a 'point' at all. They just have a sad, sad little man who is willing to murder and ruin the lives of millions so he can feel like he owns a bigger empire. The sooner he dies, the better.

But that’s how it always is. No one said it’s anything but imperialism? No state has any inherited right over others, but there will always be politicians/demagogues who’d claim otherwise.

Last edited:
I’m going to close this thread. When I was creating this A.I thread I had no idea it would so quickly throw out such classic Moopy tropes - asking how Eurovision would be affected, Jamala, an argument with RaspberrySwirl at the centre, and of course, Adolf Hitler.

My thanks to ZENGIRAFFE for letting me play with the data, but for now I’ll go back to coding to hopefully create a more realistic thread.

Close it and open one where we discuss the potential for geopolitical shade at Eurovision (brought to you by Sirusho).

Yes babe, as usual I’ve been a racist, homophobe, transphobic, pro-white suprmeacist and now I’ve added pro-Putin to my credentials.

😛

634653F9-70D3-419F-B049-442C292BA9B9.jpeg

One thing that has consistently surprised me is how the Ukraine question tends to rally people at all ends of the Russian political spectrum. I know plenty of anti-Putin gays living in one form of "exile" or another in Western Europe who all maintain that Crimea is Russian.

RaspberrySwirl said:
A bigger question is why you want more when you’re barely able to feed and take care of your own?
There is plenty of money in Russia. It's just concentrated in far too few hands. That millions live in poverty but continue to stan Putin would have been confusing to me a decade ago, but when you've watched Brits consistently vote to sabotage their own economy, dismember their own country and empower a venal elite in the name of chest-beating jingoism... well, it all just feels a little familiar.

I will say that on self-determination grounds, Crimea probably is Russian, but obviously it's never going to feel entirely legitimate the way they went about making it formally so.

I will say that on self-determination grounds, Crimea probably is Russian, but obviously it's never going to feel entirely legitimate the way they went about making it formally so.
Only because Stalin murdered all of the Crimean people who weren’t Russian. Shall we ask Jamala for her thoughts on this subject?

I visited Crimea in 2019, five years after the annexation. It felt oddly "upscale" by Russian provincial standards, except for the fact that a Western SIM card and bank cards don't work at all.

I had a catchy Russian rave song for ASFM which had lyrics such as "You are not my enemy if you are not from NATO" and "I'm a Putin boy" which was already problematic but now all of this has ruined everything. :(

Poor old Germany finally being pressurised to turn its nose up at Nord Stream 2 may have some effect.

See you all in heaven xx

Nothing to see here, just a dictator calmly threatening actual nuclear war if he doesn't get his way...

Oh someone just novichok the old cunt already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom