Will Trump be re-elected YES OR NO

Will Trump be re-elected

• Total voters
It depends mostly on who the Democrats nominate. Out of the current front-runners, I think Trump would beat Harris, Warren and probably Biden if his baggage is publicised more. And as hated as Trump is by everyone else, he's locked down about 40% of the country regardless, they're all true believers at this point.

I'll guess NO because I do think Bernie will win the nomination, against the best efforts of the Democrats and the media, but it's not as sure-fire as we like to think.

I'll say yes, based on what Mu says above but I'm feeling pessimistic about what the DNC will do to stop Bernie's campaign.

Order of things by likelihood:

1) He will win another term
2) He will not stand for another term
3) He will lose another term

I genuinely think if it looks difficult, he'll just say "I was the greatest, I didn't lose an election, I chose when to leave, I am the greatest" etc

Look I'm saying yes because I don't think my wee heart could take it if I didn't set myself up for it

Last edited:
I think he will win another term and if he doesn’t, if he loses, I don’t think he will leave peacefully. I think he will trigger a constitutional crisis.

No. He's horrendously overrated as a political tactician, *and* as a candidate. He's just reopened healthcare as an issue by trying to scrap Obamacare through the courts - manna from heaven for the Democrats, given they completely creamed the Republicans (on gerrymandered congressional borders!) on the issue in November. He essentially threaded the needle last time by squeaking through in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania by a total of about 50,000 votes, when he was running as a different kind of Republican who was pro welfare (for whites), infrastructure spending etc. His only legislative achievement since is a standard issue Reagan Republican tax cut for big business and the most well off, and he's basically followed the supply side wing of the party's playbook since.

He has about 40% of the vote sewn up. He also has the highest disapproval ratings of any president at this point in their term (let alone presiding over an economic boom!). And if the economy slows down in the next year, as the historical trend indicates it's likely to.......yeah, I can't see that many Democratic candidates (apart from, sadly, Warren) having that hard a time of beating him.

Would he instigate a war (Venezuela; Iran?) within the next 12 months to get re-elected I wonder?

I said when he was elected he'll to do two full terms and I still think that.

I'm gonna go with no, which is probably a bit too hopeful. But his approval rating have dropped significantly. But never underestimate the stubbornness of his constituency.

Let's hope he gets re-elected - Trump is the kind of leader we need here right now - in place of all these wet fucking sponges we have!

How lovely! New friends! Go on @Neo-Fawkes, did you vote leave? You can tell us and we PROMISE NOT TO JUDGE! :disco:

I'm not some contract killer you can hire out to reply to other people's bad posts :D

The notion that Trump himself is a granite-tough strongman and not some fey old queen that spends all day gossiping about TV ratings and signing whatever is put in front of him is obviously ridiculous, but I find bitterly arguing with people that I'm slightly to the left of to be far more interesting.

The notion that he even KNOWS what the fuck he's signing is ridiculous. I'm convinced he's the Britney Spears of politics. As long as you tell him he's pretty and stir his soup he'll dance for you.

They joined today. Omg Moopy FINALLY got its first Russian bot!
Trump is actually awesome - or are you saying you'd prefer that crook Hillary...?
You see, if we had someone like him instead of the spineless Tory sponges we now have, we'd have got some decent 'deal' or just left EU aeons ago, and sorted it

If Cameron had been in possession of a backbone, he wouldn't have called the referendum at all...

I don’t understand people who think Trump is “awesome” at anything but legitimising their hatred and bigotry. He hasn’t actually managed to *do anything*.

What are your actual political beliefs @Neo-Fawkes? I'm genuinely curious, I've never encountered anyone who seems to be vaguely anti-Brexit (?) but also quite strongly pro-Trump. I assumed they were broadly the end goals of similar political projects but maybe I'm generalising.

Is it an accelerationist thing? The ultimate radical centrism? How many times have you seen V for Vendetta?

:D, particularly at the notion of Trump being a FEY OLD QUEEN

It's true! I obviously can't imagine him being intimate with either gender, but all of the swooning over his handsome generals, catty comments about Anna Wintour and his incredibly pampered lifestyle are so far removed from the vision some Trump supporters have of him as their rugged, alpha-male god emperor.

See one of my all-time favourite Trump tweets:

are you saying you'd prefer that crook Hillary...?

Why does my opposition to Trump HAVE to mean that I support Hillary? You do know that people are more complex than that right?

You see, if we had someone like him instead of the spineless Tory sponges we now have, we'd have got some decent 'deal' or just left EU aeons ago, and sorted it

What the tidewater hillbilly hogwash is this? What deal are you talking about? The one that ended up driving our farmers bankrupt? Or the one that made it harder and more expensive to import stuff from overseas? Or the one that he spent millions on for near-no results? Or the one that's gonna cost businesses millions because his lumpy orange ass hates foreigners? He's never been a political "dealmaker". He never has been. And he's too stupid to ever be.

What are your actual political beliefs @Neo-Fawkes? I'm genuinely curious, I've never encountered anyone who seems to be vaguely anti-Brexit (?) but also quite strongly pro-Trump. I assumed they were broadly the end goals of similar political projects but maybe I'm generalising.
what makes you think I'm 'vaguely anti-Brexit'?

for sure, the reason we are in this mess is because the Tories are too weak and scared of delivering Brexit - hence we got a Remainer leader trying desperately not to offend anyone - now she's invited a Marxist in to clear up the mess

Cameron, May, Hammond, Greg Clarke and the like - the reason we are in this mess - cowards

Last edited:
May's government don't want a no deal Brexit because they are perfectly well aware that it would be bad for the country and they've gone further than any reasonable government would in attempting to appease their own right wing and deliver the result of an illegally won referendum. There's no sensible reason to believe that 52% of the country were voting to leave the EU no matter what, because any mention of the consequences of the leaving was immediately jumped on by a bunch of demagogues and opportunists as attempting to scare the electorate.

Just out of interest, who would be your choice for the next Tory leader?

how the fuck can the referendum be illegal when it was actually approved to go ahead by a MASSIVE majority in Parliament.....give over!

Illegally won, not illegal. On account of all that overspending in breach of the election rules.

It's so difficult to unseat a sitting President. Unfortunately, I'm more confident that he'll win than I was that Hillary would last time around.

too right, we want another 4 yrs of the Donald, way better than some mealy mouthed liberal weakling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom