Will you be visiting your family at Christmas?

Are you planning to spend Christmas with your parents/family?

• Total voters
Yep. They're not far, I don't go out except for shopping and exercise, they don't go out except for shopping and exercise. My brother will be going too and he's furloughed. So evs.

This isn't really a thing for me - my family are abroad apart from the one who has two small children so it's off the table at the best of times, let alone this year.

I do feel for people who have longstanding arrangements/family traditions who aren't able /haven't been able to do them this year, whether it's Christmas, Diwali, Ramadan or even just A Thing That We Do that's not tied to anything wider. Especially if it's the one time a group can come together. I understand why people would feel sad, even bereft.

Mine are too far away so not this year. But I'm moving back in March so I can wait.

I'll spend with with a couple of friends who live solo and all are low risk etc.

I think we'll have family round for a few hours but try and keep our distance. I just feel bad for the grandparents as I know how much they want to see the kids on Xmas day, especially after we couldn't do anything on diwali

Yes, I’ve got a home test that I’ll take and the plan is to head home next Thursday (unless I test positive of course). My grandparents will also be over during Christmas, as they have every year. They’ve also been part of our ‘bubble’ since the summer so it feels relatively safe.

I just got off the phone with my mom. She wants me to come over for Thansksgiving tonight, EVEN THOUGH I TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID. She insists that it will be safe, since we'll sit really far apart outside :goodgrief: I'm not going to go.

Tuesday. I'm asymptomatic (or pre-symptomatic I guess). I got it at work I think

I'm not sure yet.

But I'd probably prefer it if we just delayed Christmas until January 24th. By then my mum will have retired from work and she'll have been home for 10 days, I can isolate here in home-office, take a test and drive up and spent a few days with them. I think that's the safest and most relaxed option for all three of us, even if that would imply me being on my own during the two week strech that's Christmas / NYE / my birthday.

Delaying Christmas (or other holidays or birthdays) sounds kind of ridiculous but its a good option if it can ensure a safer holiday

Delaying Christmas (or other holidays or birthdays) sounds kind of ridiculous but its a good option if it can ensure a safer holiday

I mean, we wouldn't sit under a freaking tree in January. We'd just eat raclette, relax and spend some time together. Better than the driving up and down the country just for December 24th and December 25th, really.

I rang my mum last week and she said that my Aunty (her sister) had invited her round for Christmas Day but she wasn't going to go because she'd have to drive so she couldn't have a drink and she'd decided she was just going to stay at home on her own. I told her that she wasn't spending Christmas Day on her own and she was coming to my house, I'll drive down and get her in the morning and I can either take her home in the evening or she can sleep over in the bitchcave if she wants. She then insisted that she'd drive herself proving that she just didn't want to spend Chrimbo with Aunty Pat (can't blame her for that).

So my mum's coming round to our house (unless my golden-child sister and her family decide to come up from Dorset in which case I get dumped). Not sure what spawn's doing but I'd put money on her coming here too (free food and no cooking).

I also have an AUNTIE JOYCE. Bad Nan chose all the horrible names for her vile children

Anyway, on topic (for once), I MAY be going to my sister’s for Christmas. Might go on the 22nd or thereabouts to avoid train hell although I’m NOT going if there’s no allocated seating. What the fuck is that about in this day and age?

Anyway, on topic (for once), I MAY be going to my sister’s for Christmas. Might go on the 22nd or thereabouts to avoid train hell although I’m NOT going if there’s no allocated seating. What the fuck is that about in this day and age?
Where is she? It might just be GREATER ANGLIA that are cunts with the seating

lolly auntie rate

1 Delphine
2 Margaret
3 Janice
4 Sylv
5 Pat

Reactions: SDF
Goodness, I hope none of them are my passwords for anything

Where is she? It might just be GREATER ANGLIA that are cunts with the seating

Devon. It’s usually fine unless they decide to “do work on the line” and everything goes from hellish unallocated Waterloo rather than Paddington

Oh I've got that SHIT on the way back. I THINK I will go via Cambridge rather than TWO TRAINS AND THEN A BUS FROM MANNINGTREE TO NEWBURY PARK IF IT'S ALL THE SAME TO YOU

I only have an aunt Helen now but she's great and likes all my Facebook posts and activity :)

Apparently "reservations are not currently available because we're rolling out our new trains fleet". So other less 1950s train companies may be OK.

Reactions: Zu
I don’t know why it’s NOT allocated, but when I’ve been getting on them recently they have to make sure no one is sat next to each other (unless they’re in the same household/bubble etc), so you pretty much get both an aisle and window seat.

RJN Aunt Rate

1. Robin - estranged from my dad so I've never met her. Number one by default
2. Jan - Not just a Trump supporter but a LIFE-LONG Trump fan

Depressing

Digressing AGAIN but Auntie Anne was a right dirty cow who had it off with the man up the road and the builder as well as someone she worked with at Tesco while Uncle Derek’s back was turned so she would get a :disco: had she not become a sodding Witness

Apparently she had to confess ALL THESE SINS at the Kingdom Hall when she first signed up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom