Will you be visiting your family at Christmas?

Are you planning to spend Christmas with your parents/family?

• Total voters
Digressing AGAIN but Auntie Anne was a right dirty cow who had it off with the man up the road and the builder as well as someone she worked with at Tesco while Uncle Derek’s back was turned so she would get a :disco: had she not become a sodding Witness

Apparently she had to confess ALL THESE SINS at the Kingdom Hall when she first signed up :)
I have an Uncle DEREK too

Reactions: Zu
I don't know either of my grandmothers names :o

They did both die a decade before I was born.

For Thanksgiving, I will be ranking and rating my entire family (on a scale of most thankful to least thankful) and then letting them all know how they score and how they can improve

Nothing wrong with CRITICISM as long as it's CONSTRUCTIVE! Perhaps they'll TRY HARDER and not be SUCH DREADFUL PEOPLE next year!

Nothing wrong with CRITICISM as long as it's CONSTRUCTIVE! Perhaps they'll TRY HARDER and not be SUCH DREADFUL PEOPLE next year!

Sometimes all people need is a bit of guidance and they might even thank @RJN for it :)

Reactions: RJN
I don't know either of my grandmothers names :o

They did both die a decade before I was born.

I wish one of mine had. Nasty Nan rather than Nice Nan obviously. The sort of woman who leaves price tags on presents on purpose and makes racist remarks while you’re all sat round trying to enjoy 3-2-1

Sometimes all people need is a bit of guidance and they might even thank @RJN for it :)

You should give it a try!

Dear Aunts,

Here's how I rank you:
1. Jo :disco:
2. Anne. JEHOVAH’S WITNESS although I liked her before that :)
3. Norma :zombie:
4. Joyce :gross:

Merry Christmas (except to you Anne, since you don't celebrate holidays)
Love, Zu-Klara

UPDATE FROM TONIGHT'S PHONE CALL:

"Oh, if the hotels aren't open, we can just bring an inflatable matress and sleep in the living room for a few nights"

:zombie: :( I mean it's not like I don't want to SEE THEM. I do but...

So all of them died of Scottishness then? :(

WELL REALLY :D

I’m disappointed that none of them appear to have choked to death on a macaroni pie or pizza crunch supper but maybe that falls under the bracket of DYING OF SCOTTISHNESS

Sadly yes, we had only stopped so the kids could wish them happy Diwali :(

Having spoken to a few others around here it seems to have happened to quite a few people.
I'm shocked :( did you get fined?

Oddly people on the island have been visiting friends and family, no one has really been reported or fined, and we've somehow remained in the lowest tier.

I mean our lock down is supposed to end on the 20th of December. I don’t celebrate but it’s such a long holiday and if the city is still closed I’ll go bananas on my own.

I work from home and don’t see much of anybody so I’m fairly low risk, might go spend the time off in the suburbs with cousin and her family.

I'm shocked :( did you get fined?

Oddly people on the island have been visiting friends and family, no one has really been reported or fined, and we've somehow remained in the lowest tier.

No, we had gone well before they arrived, infact the police were kinda on my parents side when they explained we were there just for 10 mins and had stood in the porch/doorstep. But still annoying that someone did that knowing full well that it was their grandchildren who had popped round. Total jobsworth as we are actually allowed casual childcare, especially as I'm classed as an NHS keyworker.

No, we had gone well before they arrived, infact the police were kinda on my parents side when they explained we were there just for 10 mins and had stood in the porch/doorstep. But still annoying that someone did that knowing full well that it was their grandchildren who had popped round. Total jobsworth as we are actually allowed casual childcare, especially as I'm classed as an NHS keyworker.

Karma will get them :):disco:

Scabby TELL TALE TITS

I have decided not to go home for Christmas

I’ll be found drunk round the bins instead with all the dead Christmas trees :disco:

Me and the other half will be spending 4-5 days at his parents (as we've done the past two years). My parents have gone abroad on holiday at Christmas for a few years now and I thought a pandemic (and a sad grandchild who missed them last Christmas) would put a pause on that for a year but no, a 11 night trip to Fuerteventura has just been booked :D

ooh an AUNT RATE

1. Jacqui - nearly died in a house fire after drinking too much vodka and passing out whilst smoking in bed.

I mean that's it, but even if I had more she'd be number one.

The wording on that is damning

"about to BLUNDER into ANOTHER major error" - you can feel the frustration.

The government are pushing the usual line that it’s up to the public to make their own judgements and not misinterpret the relaxation in the rules.

Because of course the government can’t be blamed for any of this sorry mess.

The wording on that is damning

"about to BLUNDER into ANOTHER major error" - you can feel the frustration.
I don't think that's anything new. Everyone knows the risks and always did when the relaxing was first announced.

I would argue that peoples' mental health around Christmas is equally important to consider - but I totally get the medical boards' position and frustration.

I can’t see them rolling it back now and becoming the government that effectively “cancelled Christmas” but then again this country has proved that the Tories’ popularity will rarely take a hit for anything so who knows.

Reactions: GNL
I don't think that's anything new. Everyone knows the risks and always did when the relaxing was first announced.

I would argue that peoples' mental health around Christmas is equally important to consider - but I totally get the medical boards' position and frustration.
I would assume they have taken that into account, and that the mental health impact of having Christmas cancelled is less than the impact of killing your nan.

Oh I'm still going home, but I live alone and I'm making a particular effort to almost totally self isolate for the next two weeks, and it'll just be my parents who live in a very quiet Lake District village.

I suspect the majority of people who are going to recklessly merge 3+ households with zero to minimal pre-shielding would have done the same regardless of the government position.

I'm seeing my parents and my sister, but she's getting a test from work and then working from home for the next week and the rest of us haven't seen anyone for weeks. It's about as safe as it plausibly can be, I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom