Will you be visiting your family at Christmas?

Are you planning to spend Christmas with your parents/family?

• Total voters
I would assume they have taken that into account, and that the mental health impact of having Christmas cancelled is less than the impact of killing your nan.
I understand. I didn't mean to compare mental health and physical health, just to say that mental health should be considered which I didn't get from that - admittedly - one sentence in the tweet.

It's just SO easy to say we're doing the wrong thing. Lockdown the country = people's mental health suffer / Relax rules at christmas = cases go up. It's lose/lose, which we all knew when the rules were announced anyway (or should have).

The government are pushing the usual line that it’s up to the public to make their own judgements and not misinterpret the relaxation in the rules.

Because of course the government can’t be blamed for any of this sorry mess.

But how could it be their fault? They've given us all the GUIDANCE we could need :eyes: It's not their fault if the public don't follow it.

Today, I'm doing a distanced drop-off of Xmas prezzies to my niece and nephew. Everything has been wrapped since Saturday and, of course, won't be opened for another 10 days. This should remove any risk in case I'm carrying anything.

That will be it for me.

Won't lie, feel a bit :(

But it has to be that way.

But how could it be their fault? They've given us all the GUIDANCE we could need :eyes: It's not their fault if the public don't follow it.

It'll be the same with Brexit. "We told you to get ready". Yes but you didn't tell us exactly what we needed to be ready for, how to get ready for it and you left it until December to flag up that it could be No Deal. "But we told you to get ready".

a little late but here's the Jark aunt rate you've all been waiting for

1. Jeannine (Dutch, fabulous, ex-chain smoker)
2. Lorna (dead, always had dogs)

finishing second place here is nothing to be ashamed about though

I have one surviving aunt who I haven't seen in year. Always liked her tho' -classic dry Scottish humour, never without a cigarette (well, until a health scare a few year ago anyway).

Of course, I actual *am* an aunt. So your auntist comments are being noted.

Reactions: GNL
One of my aunts has outed herself as a covidiot anti-masker recently, of which I'm very disappointed. She's also the one who took my grandad out of the care home only for him to die a week later of COVID. :eyes: Oh yeah, she's a NURSE as well.

She's very much bottom of my list (of two) at the moment. :)

Oh I do have another one actually married to my alcoholic uncle but I don’t know her name!

Spoke to a GP a short while ago who told me she fears the third wave will be the worst yet.

JIVA AUNT RATE

1. Mo - Introduced me to horror films by sticking on Children of The Corn when she babysat me at 6 years old, constantly hungover, a MOOD.
2. Dawn - Called me spoilt as a child, still not over it.

I also have a crazy uncle who has a penchant for robbing post offices with a shotgun but he would be at the bottom of the rate as he stole my nan’s goddamn house and will most likely murder the whole family at some point.

WZG Aunt Rate

1) Average Income Aunt - Normal, funny, human.
2) Rich Aunt - Self Centred, Delusional, had a glass bridge over her kitchen.

1. Auntie Eileen - buggered off to Greece for several years in her youth with a SWARTHY GENTLEMAN of ILL REPUTE. Deeply sarcastic with a wicked sense of humour.
2. Auntie Angela - Reminds me constantly of the time when I was about six years old and I destroyed her car by trying to wash it with a bucket of beach pebbles.
3. Auntie Maureen - Dearly departed. Got knocked up as a teenager by an Irish labourer who spoke no English. They went on to have the happiest marriage of anyone in our family.
4. Auntie Cathleen - NHS Nurse and a relentless shit stirrer.
5. Auntie Jill - Currently ESTRANGED from my mum after a bitter falling out over some jewellery.
6. Auntie Joan - Also deceased, I don't really remember her which is the only reason she's so low.

God what a classic Scouse family :D

I have too many aunts to mention - one side of the family were a bunch of fertile Catholics.

And yeah I know it’s probably GAELIC but I didn’t realise anyone spoke that EXCLUSIVELY in the recent past.

Oh I'm still going home, but I live alone and I'm making a particular effort to almost totally self isolate for the next two weeks, and it'll just be my parents who live in a very quiet Lake District village.

I suspect the majority of people who are going to recklessly merge 3+ households with zero to minimal pre-shielding would have done the same regardless of the government position.

Yep we're doing the same, albeit we can only do a week isolation before people come round. It's quite calming to know I have all my presents and food/booze ordered in advance though, I usually leave something to the last minute.

My Auntie Pat has apparently had another episode

Last time she sold the house without telling anyone, who knows what it will be this time.

I've only got 1 aunt, my Aunty Di, hard as fuck, bit racist despite having had 3 kids with a black guy.

Aunts on Ms Ron's side are fucking batshit though. Full on Jeremy Kyle. One got locked out of her house and arrested because her daughters convinced her husband (of 30 odd years) that she was evil, stealing off him, having affairs etc (all totally false) One lived next door to Ms Ron's parents but they didn't speak for 10+ years. One turned up at their mothers funeral in a black veil sat at the back and didn't speak to anyone else. Ms Ron's mum is crackers, but compared to these lot, shes dull. I love it all.

Ellie auntie rate:

1. Rosalind - Like a real life Hyacinth Bucket. Hilarious. Lucked out and married into old money.
2. Angela - Very normal and easy to get on with. Loves bitching about her colleagues which is funny.
3. Rita - Love her loads but married to a scumbag whom she had an affair with which effectively lead to death of lovely previous uncle. Also once tried it on with my Dad
4. Chanah - American super religious Trump supporter. Only met her once 20 years ago

My cousin was actually on Jeremy Kyle once. As the guest, not an audience member.

Reactions: SDF
And yeah I know it’s probably GAELIC but I didn’t realise anyone spoke that EXCLUSIVELY in the recent past.

This was in the 60s and yes, he'd come over from rural Ireland and only spoke Gaelic.

He did learn English after the wedding. :D

I’m incredibly turned on by the Gaelic exclusive Irish labourer. What a fairytale.

My parents are planning on visiting. But if I hear as much as a cough from either of them over the phone within the next week, it's off. I'm getting regular voluntary covid tests, so I'm feeling ok about myself. I don't think my parents have taken a test all year. So, um..... It's difficult. Just like for everyone else.

I'm laughing at you lot lusting over the idea of an Irish labourer when you're probably thinking it's a Jamie Dornan type when in reality it's more likely to look like Ed Sheeran. Not saying VoR's uncle looks like that of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom