Will Young - Crying on the Bathroom Floor (Super gay covers album)

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
Ends up at #3 behind Billie Eilish at #2 and Dave at #1.

---

A distant No.7 on the first midweek sales flashes, the surprise No.1 album this week is once more We're All Alone In This Together by Dave which powers its way back to the summit.

A further 15,437 sales (4,396 physical) means it becomes the first album by a male artist to spend more than a single week at No.1 since the 2019 Christmas No.1 You're In My Heart by Rod Stewart. That's unlucky for Billie Eilish, the final sales flashes on Thursday suggesting that she was set to spend a second straight week at the top. Happier Than Ever eventually settles at No.2 after shedding 63.2% of its first week sales to post a week two tally of 14,308.

We do however reserve the biggest commiseration of all for Will Young, who appeared to be well on course for his first No.1 record in six years with his eighth studio album (and second as an independent artist) Crying On The Bathroom Floor. The inaugural Pop Idol winner has the most-purchased album of the week but its 11,367 sales are only enough to take it to No.3. That’s still enough to make it Will's ninth Top 10 album in 10 releases. His only album to date to not make the grade was 2013's hits collection The Essential, which topped out at No.15.

Jark

gave ur love away
#3 is a shocker but the sales are great*. however i haven't listened in full and the lukewarm consensus everywhere isn't exactly persuading me

*for an album like this

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
It's his first studio album not to go top two. But I guess a covers album isn't quite the same thing. The last album had four weeks on the chart. I suspect this probably only has two or three in it.

VoR

Take it or leave it
I liked it on one listen, but it mostly just gave me an urge to make a playlist of the original tracks and play those instead.

Tisch

Pauline Quirke has passed away...
I love his voice and I love the songs so it's a win for me. I do get all the muted comments though. #3 compared to what's #1 and #2 isn't that bad though surely?

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
#1 on sales, not in the top 100 on streaming.

funky

User
Yeah he was only going to have one week on the chart regardless of entry position. Still, a #3 album 20 years into your career is pretty good, right?

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
Apparently he put up a video of himself planting trees or something like that, which made him look and sound really really boring.

Last edited:

ZenGiraffe

High Mileage, Low Rent
Oh hang on, I think I am mixing up my dating apps, hinge isn't straights only. Not so many questions then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom