Will Young - Crying on the Bathroom Floor (Super gay covers album)

Ends up at #3 behind Billie Eilish at #2 and Dave at #1.

---

A distant No.7 on the first midweek sales flashes, the surprise No.1 album this week is once more We're All Alone In This Together by Dave which powers its way back to the summit.

A further 15,437 sales (4,396 physical) means it becomes the first album by a male artist to spend more than a single week at No.1 since the 2019 Christmas No.1 You're In My Heart by Rod Stewart. That's unlucky for Billie Eilish, the final sales flashes on Thursday suggesting that she was set to spend a second straight week at the top. Happier Than Ever eventually settles at No.2 after shedding 63.2% of its first week sales to post a week two tally of 14,308.

We do however reserve the biggest commiseration of all for Will Young, who appeared to be well on course for his first No.1 record in six years with his eighth studio album (and second as an independent artist) Crying On The Bathroom Floor. The inaugural Pop Idol winner has the most-purchased album of the week but its 11,367 sales are only enough to take it to No.3. That’s still enough to make it Will's ninth Top 10 album in 10 releases. His only album to date to not make the grade was 2013's hits collection The Essential, which topped out at No.15.

#3 is a shocker but the sales are great*. however i haven't listened in full and the lukewarm consensus everywhere isn't exactly persuading me

*for an album like this

It's his first studio album not to go top two. But I guess a covers album isn't quite the same thing. The last album had four weeks on the chart. I suspect this probably only has two or three in it.

I liked it on one listen, but it mostly just gave me an urge to make a playlist of the original tracks and play those instead.

#1 on sales, not in the top 100 on streaming.

Yeah he was only going to have one week on the chart regardless of entry position. Still, a #3 album 20 years into your career is pretty good, right?

Apparently he put up a video of himself planting trees or something like that, which made him look and sound really really boring.

Last edited:
Oh hang on, I think I am mixing up my dating apps, hinge isn't straights only. Not so many questions then.

I'm really enjoying this. The songs i didn't know before are faring better than the others, but all around, this is very good.

I think I've just gone off his voice over the years.

It can be mentioned on moopy, you can essentially enter anything unless the host applies some rules (eg no Top 40 hits), but people prefer it if you're introducing a lesser known song, so the more obscure the better.

Only some of them are themed, in which case you keep the deep cuts in your back pocket for the next non-theme one!

It can be mentioned on moopy, you can essentially enter anything unless the host applies some rules (eg no Top 40 hits), but people prefer it if you're introducing a lesser known song, so the more obscure the better.

Only some of them are themed, in which case you keep the deep cuts in your back pocket for the next non-theme one!
Thanks, funks!

Yeah that or just find something foreign with a dance beat. In French or Russian ideally :D

(Unless they’re black then English apparently is the way to go but we don’t talk about that)

I have an idea already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom