Will Young - Falling Deep

VoR

Take it or leave it
New single out Thursday it seems.

The gay interest only covers album predictably got about a week out of me before I returned to the originals and forgot all about it, but I’m open to another Jealousy style banger if he still has one in him.

Last edited:
I loved the last album but he’s pretty hit or miss with me typically.

I don’t have much interest in cover albums generally, but I loved All The Songs and My Love (especially the F9 remix) from Lexicon

He has been teasing this as his best pop album since Echoes, but I think Echoes part 2 was kind of the sell for Lexicon already (which I liked for the most part). Here for this anyway.

I'm totally here for a Lexicon retread.

The trio of Get Me Dancing / Ground Running / Dreaming Big have become perennial faves.

Album to follow on 9th August called Light It Up

1000x1000bb.jpg

1. Falling Deep - 3:08
2. Light It Up - 2:47
3. Feels Just Like A Win - 4:03
4. Midnight - 3:23
5. Me Without You - 4:31
6. The Worst - 2:58
7. No Man's Land - 3:02
8. Talk About It - 3:43
9. Everything But You - 4:27
10. I Won't Let You Down - 3:44

I always like Will Young, until I see or read an interview with him.

Some terrific songs, but a bit of a dickhead thesedays

Turned into a big fan of his once he washed the Pop Idol off. Some good early singles such as Friday's Child and Leave Right Now, the rather forgotten Let It Go album had some low key great reflective pop songs, and Echos remains an absolutely tremendous album. Lexicon had its moments but relied more on modern dance than retro/dance, so I'd to love to see him return to that.

those song titles and album cover are giving ultra mor/for the radio 2 huns only. not Echoes or Lexicon pt 2...

He's embarking on quite an extensive tour of smaller venues for an evening of 'music, stories and laughter'. Not sure Will Young is somebody who immediately springs to mind as one of pop's great RACONTEURS, but he's going to a couple of quite nice venues round my way so if it's cheap enough I might be tempted.

First listen I quite like it, without being blown away. Hopefully it will grow. The 80s synth-ness of it all bodes well if that's an ongoing theme for the album.

"Here is my big pop album, please do come to my intimate, stripped back acoustic shows" feels an odd sell.

After a couple of listens I really like the single. It does have a retro pop sound with a particular Scandi sounding sheen that is a little different for him.

I see he is on BMG now which feels a good fit for him.

Also Kish Mauve and Andy Cato are involved in the album so some familiar contributors there.

Andy Cato is an incredible producer so that’s very good news

He's embarking on quite an extensive tour of smaller venues for an evening of 'music, stories and laughter'. Not sure Will Young is somebody who immediately springs to mind as one of pop's great RACONTEURS, but he's going to a couple of quite nice venues round my way so if it's cheap enough I might be tempted.

Playing Gloucester AND Cheltenham. Wow didn't realise things had got so bad

• Sad
Reactions: VoR

Oh, he's entering his Miss Warwick phase :disco:

• Love
Reactions: VoR
Probably quite a smart move to choose not just smaller venues, but also smaller towns to reel them in. Song is fine and he looks a bit like present-day Hunter now. Back in my vintage years I used to get told I was the spit of him - who knew all these years later I wouldn't actually mind being spat on by him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom