Women of R&B 2023

New songs from two of my faves... they're both nice but they haven't popped yet... holding out that they will, both artists often release understated growers...

These are both giving me exactly what I need.

Is anyone else obsessed with Charlotte Day Wilson? I mean TECHNICALLY she's R&B but there's a lot of other influences there too.

These are both giving me exactly what I need.

Is anyone else obsessed with Charlotte Day Wilson? I mean TECHNICALLY she's R&B but there's a lot of other influences there too.

Oh GOD I love Charlotte Day Wilson. She pops up on a lot of collabs too. Her best track is a collab with Kaytranada. Legitemately one of the best songs of the last decade.

Oh GOD I love Charlotte Day Wilson. She pops up on a lot of collabs too. Her best track is a collab with Kaytranada. Legitemately one of the best songs of the last decade.

I love this one! I wasn't too fussed on her collab with Snoh Aalegra though, but for the most part I'm a huge huge fan. Her voice is just so efforthless and smooth. 'Work', 'If I Could' and 'Keep Moving' are my favs!

This is fantastic and she's pretty good in general but this is a huge highlight for me. She has a couple EPs I'd recommend for anyone who's into alt-R&B. 'Serial' is one of my favourite songs of the last few years, period.

Now one could argue this one isn't strictly R&B, but it does lean into it (i'd call it alt-R&B if I had to), and it's brilliant so you should listen to it anyway. Absolutely stunning (mostly female) vocal!

I heard that the other day. I think Jai Paul is on my Spotify radar. I agree gorgeous vocal

Same! Fabiana Palladino has very little material out there, but with a voice like that I hope there's a lot more to come! Her voice was absolutely nailed to the production on that track, so much atmosphere.

Really enjoying Maeta at the moment too. I also highly recommend Through the Night and Sending My Love where she absolutely takes it to another level. Charlotte Day Wilson produced Sexual Love, and for anyone who's a fan you'll notice her voice at the start.

@funky a treat.

The way she dips into the basement of her voice during the second half of that chorus is absolutely breathtaking.

I don’t normally care for Afrobeat but that has really slinky production and the vocal is lovely. I’ll add it to my list

I don’t normally care for Afrobeat but that has really slinky production and the vocal is lovely. I’ll add it to my list
I’m with you, but there are occasions where it lands for me

Such as here. But I do enjoy Tems anyway because she’s got a thicc vox. I like my R&B girls with lower, darker voices (mostly but not exclusively)

GOD I LOVE KAYTRANADA

Top of my release radar this week and quite right too. Rochelle is perfect for him - I wonder if he has produced any of her other stuff because her sound is so influenced by his

GOD I LOVE KAYTRANADA

Top of my release radar this week and quite right too. Rochelle is perfect for him - I wonder if he has produced any of her other stuff because her sound is so influenced by his
I agree! I enjoy Rochelle but found her vocal to be a bit too “drowned out” on much of her last album. Here it is perfect.

Here are my KAYTRANADA FAVS (because why not)

All 10/10, and women of R&B so it had to go here!

Do you know what gives me an IMMEDIATE serotonin boost? Seeing an R&B girly sing one of your favourites live and then she adds a little extra riff here and there. Can't beat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom