Worst Places to Live + derelict buildings + other fascinating urban architecture + brutalism

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
By contrast... not that I can think of any off the top of my head that aren't linked to being TOO EXPENSIVE.

Pyongyang.
Well obviously there's THAT.

Though the worst place I've lived in was Antibes, French Riviera. Please hear me out. Surely it's a lovely place to go on a vacation but you wouldn't want to live there. First of all, it's expensive while not offering the diversity Paris offers. People are cunts, actual cunts who vote Marine Le Pen. It's all so superficial and bling-bling. During summer it's insufferable with all the tourists and during winter it's the most miserable place on earth.

YUCK.

I haven’t been but I always imagine places like Liverpool, Leeds and the likes totally miserable and I’d only imagine living there in a sexual chav fantasy.

I haven’t been but I always imagine places like Liverpool, Leeds and the likes totally miserable and I’d only imagine living there in a sexual chav fantasy.
Having never been to either, I hear Leeds is QUITE FUN. @VoR to confirm.

There is nothing good whatsoever about Liverpool. I don't need to go to know.

Luton, my hometown. My parents finally fucked off a few years ago, and I will never go back.

Liverpool is absolutely lovely.

Sure parts a bit rough but it has a great atmosphere, is on the coast and has a lot going on. And loads of parts are really pretty too.

Never been to Leeds.

I hear Birmingham is HORRIBLE this time of year.

Cumbernauld. Never lived there but I travelled through it once and thought never again.

A town of concrete cancer. No redeeming features at all.

Blackpool. Yes, it's the seaside and the spawn lives there but during the summer it's full of gobshite tourists, hen and stag parties and year-round about 75% of the permanent population appear to be junkies and alcoholics.

SKELMERSDALE
But why?

J1m2KDa.jpg

beechtrees.jpg

I think some of the seaside resorts like Blackpool are pretty GRIM. Also places in the North East like Huddersfield, Kingston-Upon-Hull are not great.

I also spent a lot of time in Cumbria with my old job. The Lake District is beautiful but some of the towns are AWFUL - Whitehaven, Workington, Barrow-in-Furness.

I have a nostalgic fondness for Hastings until I remember it's the only place I've been broken into.

I have a friend from Eastbourne. Her brother used to run a shop and he had to close because of too many robberies from local drug addicts.

My cousin worked in Hull for a semester. She’s been all over England but according to her nothing was worse than Hull.

DONCASTER/ROTHERHAM/BARNSLEY basically any ex industrial/coal Yorkshire town. All full of inbreds and GRIM.

See also BRADFORD

DONCASTER/ROTHERHAM/BARNSLEY basically any ex industrial/coal Yorkshire town. All full of inbreds and GRIM.

See also BRADFORD
I was born in Worksop, which I am lead to believe is just as grim.

Warrington also looked a bit horrible but I never stopped to go into the town.

Widnes open to debate.

I was born in Worksop, which I am lead to believe is just as grim.

Oh there's a load of them between Nottingham and Leeds. Worksop, Mansfield etc.

Tbh Nottingham is a bit of a dump and I grew up there, and Derbys worse than that.

I guess I'm used to the towns over here which might be grim (see Coleraine) but are usually gateways to nicer places like Coleraine is to the north coast. Whereas England is a lot bigger so has all those towns in the middle.

Oh there's a load of them between Nottingham and Leeds. Worksop, Mansfield etc.

Tbh Nottingham is a bit of a dump and I grew up there, and Derbys worse than that.
I've been out in Nottingham a few times back in the day. I quite liked it. But everywhere's fun when you're on the lash.

Wasn't Nottingham GUN CAPITAL OF THE UK a few years back?

I've been out in Nottingham a few times back in the day. I quite liked it. But everywhere's fun when you're on the lash.

It wasn’t too bad growing up, it used to be a great city for shopping, there was a street with loads of boutiques, but it went downhill a lot recently.

I remember in the early 90s I used to work with a woman from Nottingham who made it sound quite lovely. I was AGOG when I heard how it turned out.

There are some lovely parts and the gun thing passed, it was just one family of bastards who got rumbled eventually.

See also BRADFORD

Thing with Bradford is you look up and there are some nice buildings but just grim otherwise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom