Would you change your sexual orientation if you could?

Would you...?

• I'm homosexual and would remain that way.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • I'm homosexual and would 'switch' to straight if I could.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm straight and would remain that way.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I'm straight and would 'switch' homosexual if I could.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I'm asexual and would remain that way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm asexual and would 'switch' to straight or homosexual if I could.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
I do wonder what I'd be like if I weren't gay. Would I be an Ed Sheeran fan? A Tory? A DAD?

Obviously, if I had the chance to choose, I’d like to be into everyone (and everyone be into me). I don’t see why I’d restrict myself to one gender.

My straight friends definitely seem to be on a slow drift to the right which I am not here for.

Unless they've stayed the same and I'm drifting further left. In which case MORE OF THAT PLEASE.
I have definitely drifted further left in the past 10 years.

My straight friends definitely seem to be on a slow drift to the right which I am not here for.

Unless they've stayed the same and I'm drifting further left. In which case MORE OF THAT PLEASE.

The Tory party will never die, will it? :(

I'm not sure sexual orientation and political orientation are always proportional to each other. Lots of gays seem to still drift towards the right.

I'm a moderate at heart, but I'm personally fed up. I'm one shake away from not giving a fuck anymore.

Yeah, I know plenty of gay friends who have drifted right. I'd say it usually happens in your early 40s, so I'm hoping that I've escaped it.

QUEEN!

I think people of all orientations often drift to the right once they become financially comfortable. All consideration for other people goes out the window in favour of protecting themselves. It's possibly more pronounced when people SPAWN and stop giving a shit about anyone outside their nuclear family.

This way of thinking is really getting tiresome; if you’re straight you’re suddenly right (which is automatically evil), if you’re white you’re automatically racist, if you’re male you’re a misogynist etc etc

Maybe if you’re straight and have a family to provide for etc your priorities might shift towards securing your economy, getting your children in good schools and so on and some of that might shift towards the right.

Meanwhile if you’re a young queen in a big city and you have no ”real” responsibilities then maybe you have plenty of time for more woke ”boutique issues” and therefore you’re left leaning...

Apart from these major generalsations I don’t see how sexual orientation affect your political orientation.*

(*providing that you live in a society where gay rights are granted by both left and right)

QUEEN!

I think people of all orientations often drift to the right once they become financially comfortable. All consideration for other people goes out the window in favour of protecting themselves. It's possibly more pronounced when people SPAWN and stop giving a shit about anyone outside their nuclear family.

I don’t think the economy matters as much as age. People mostly become more conservative with age; not necessarily on fiscal, but rather social issues.

This way of thinking is really getting tiresome; if you’re straight you’re suddenly right (which is automatically evil), if you’re white you’re automatically racist, if you’re male you’re a misogynist etc etc

Maybe if you’re straight and have a family to provide for etc your priorities might shift towards securing your economy, getting your children in good schools and so on and some of that might shift towards the right.

Meanwhile if you’re a young queen in a big city and you have no ”real” responsibilities then maybe you have plenty of time for more woke ”boutique issues” and therefore you’re left leaning...

Apart from these major generalsations I don’t see how sexual orientation affect your political orientation.*

(*providing that you live in a society where gay rights are granted by both left and right)
I don't think anyone is saying being this makes you AUTOMATICALLY that. There's just a higher chance and that's pretty much a fact.

And yes sexual orientation does affect political orientation, when you are subject to discrimination you are more sensitive or at least aware of discrimination issues in general. Hence the LGBT cause being historically allied to various unrelated causes (fighting racism, miners rights, etc.)

Reactions: COB
I don't think anyone is saying being this makes you AUTOMATICALLY that. There's just a higher chance and that's pretty much a fact.

And yes sexual orientation does affect political orientation, when you are subject to discrimination you are more sensitive or at least aware of discrimination issues in general. Hence the LGBT cause being historically allied to various unrelated causes (fighting racism, miners rights, etc.)

Read the whole post before you reply.

QUEEN!

NOT FOR THIS DIRTY BREEDER.

I mean, Ms RaspberrySwirl is right that for most city queens, the major issue of the pandemic is whether the gym is closed.

Babes, I did and I chose to ignore the frankly quite offensive parts about city queens' responsibilities vs. responsibilities of heternormative couples.

How is it any more offensive than saying you’d have a political orientation that you’d hate if you were straight?

And I didn’t mean that part, but the one about gay rights that you chose to ignore because it doesn’t fit your point.

I agree with RS. I also think that the left has just as many "sheep" as the right. I see so many gays "support" causes even they don't even know why.

Can you two fight in person and film it please :horny:

I do agree with RS’s FIRST paragraph though, hence the like :)

How is it any more offensive than saying you’d have a political orientation that you’d hate if you were straight?

And I didn’t mean that part, but the one about gay rights that you chose to ignore because it doesn’t fit your point.
Yes, I'd hate for MYSELF to be right wing because *I* do not adhere to that ideology. Are you getting already how this all concerns me? You just got offended because you projected that to your right leaning self, love :eyes:

Tbh my 'would I be a TORY?' question was mostly because I was radicalised into entry level third-wave feminism by Stripped era Xtina, and I think I might have just had a wank and moved on if I were straight.

Yes, I'd hate for MYSELF to be right wing because *I* do not adhere to that ideology. Are you getting already how this all concerns me? You just got offended because you projected that to your right leaning self, love :eyes:

No babe, I get offended because I see someone I share the same ideology with is using the same sort of logic and language as those who we’re supposed to think that we’re so much better than.

No babe, I get offended because I see someone I share the same ideology with is using the same sort of logic and language as those who we’re supposed to think that we’re so much better than.
Girl please, the original post that triggered you was banter more than anything else so let's not tar me with the stereotyping brush. In the meantime, I didn't make a quite serious post about city queens and their boutique issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom