Jark

User
Oh my god. :o

e0rjoj.jpg

Tickets on sale Friday.

:disco:

poor Spain

I wonder if she'll venture into Latin territories then

if not, then I hope this thread ends up being IGNORED just like the one I made for America :evil:

Some of the venues are quite ambitious

I assumed they didn't list the venue on the poster so it could be shunted to a town hall.

The priciest seats for Amsterdam are €75 and standing is just €60 so I imagine it'll sell quite well if the other dates are similarly smartly priced.

got my Amsterdam tickets :disco:

bought directly with the proceeds of the Nicki Minaj ticket I sold - I believe that's what we call an UPGRADE!

HA! SAY!

2nd London date added! she's selling :disco: (GET MINE) GET YOURS NOW!

guess I'll never get to experience those HA!, SAY! and that ICONIC wailing in the Ain't No Other Man intro HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY live in person :(

ugh the original MADAME X herself (not that two bit name stealing BITcH) returned to brighten our lives last night in the only place (for washed up superstars) to be! VEGAS!

I need reviews, I need low-def videos and I need tickets :disco:

AGOG she doesn't do Unless It's With You :(

1. Video Introduction (contains elements of "I Feel Love")
  2. "Your Body" / "Not Myself Tonight"
  3. "Genie in a Bottle"
  4. "Reflection"
  5. Golden Queen (interlude)
  6. "Dirrty"
  7. "Vanity" / "Express" / "Lady Marmalade"
  8. Fall in Line (interlude)
  9. "Boys Wanna Be Her"
  10. "Can't Hold Us Down"
  11. "Sick of Sittin'"
  12. "Maria"
  13. "Twice"
  14. "I Love the Lord"
  15. "What a Girl Wants" / "Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)"
  16. "Ain't No Other Man"
  17. You Are What You Are (Beautiful) (video interlude)
  18. "Say Something"
  19. Glam (interlude)
  20. "Candyman / "I Want Candy"
  21. "Woohoo" / "Elastic Love" / "Bionic"
  22. Telepathy (video interlude)
  23. "Accelerate"
  24. "Feel This Moment" / "Desnudate"
  25. "Beautiful"
  26. "Fighter"
  27. "Let There Be Love"

She has time to sing I Love the Lord but not Unless It’s With You?! What a stupid decision.

that
She has time to sing I Love the Lord but not Unless It’s With You?! What a stupid decision.

that clueless thing aside I think it's her best setlist in YONKS innit? Seems to cover pretty much every era (bar the XXXmas one obvs)

Hurt is another one notable missing thing but my guess would be she ends up so tired she might no be able to sing it properly

I know they aren't singles but some "Like I Do", "You Lost Me", "Lift Me Up" wouldn't have gone AMISS.

3 minute intro to beautiful :D

Never change Xtina

Last edited:

Candyman IN in an extraordinary FUN FOR EUROPE TWIST! :disco:

(Not Myself Tonight OUT - Legend X is a homophobe etc)

Candyman IN in an extraordinary FUN FOR EUROPE TWIST! :disco:

(Not Myself Tonight OUT - Legend X is a homophobe etc)

but a big NO at her for removing the Bionic Medley! It was #1 in the UK after all :side-eye:

comparing both the US and Europe setlists, they're not THAT different are they? Excepts for some notable swaps ie. Voice within instead of Reflection it pretty much follows the same order.

yeah it's obviously an adaptation of the Vegas show, which is fine. I just hope most of the songs aren't two minute versions or bunged into medleys, I hate that.

seeing it in 3 days so I'll report back :disco: I can't really tell but it seems like she's getting fat again :disco:

My friends who saw her here last night said it was pretty shit and half empty.
the Amsterdam show just finished. I'll post a review shortly but this is dogshit of the absolute highest order and your friends sound like miserable people!

so, a couple of days late on this but plenty of time to ruminate on the show.

Ziggo Dome (17k capacity) was pretty full - lower and upper tier more or less packed out while the floor seemed about 80% full, so that was a nice start.

She absolutely RATTLED through Bionic/Your Body/Genie in the opening section (not a medley but very truncated versions) and the crowd seemed a touch nonplussed. She ticked off quite a few Stripped numbers (The Voice Within, Dirrty, Can't Hold Us Down) early on - the latter especially was UTTERLY FAB but people honestly just didn't seem to have a clue what to make of her :D her signature "SAY!" made the odd appearance but for the most part it's been replaced by a "toss the head back and cackle" which is really QUITE something when you witness it for the 10th time in the space of five minutes :D often she would cackle mid-line and adlib "I love it!" in the most ludicrously self congratulatory way - my reaction, naturally, was U R SO FAB! but I'm not sure everyone was quite on the same page there.

Anyway the show becomes less bipolar when she starts performing things in full, and strangely Maria (a Liberation dud that got a big production here) and Twice (which is gorge anyway) really got the crowd warmed up quite nicely - her vocals on Twice were absolutely astonishing. Pause here to note in fact that her vocals throughout were completely incredible - there's no audible wear and tear in her voice whatsoever. She really showboated the fuck out of Twice and various other numbers after that, which seemed to do a good job of winning the locals over.

The show really takes off in the back half - it's not a fave of mine but Ain't No Other Man went all the way off and Candyman, which is my favourite Xtina song, was possibly the performance of the night. She really tore me a new hole with that one. People seemed a touch bemused when Accelerate began but the mix she performed had big stabby synths that made it into a right banger and it really landed. Obviously Beautiful got the best reaction of the night. Say Something was also a very unexpected highlight - her ability to peel it back and deliver a beautifully restrained vocal when strictly necessary has not abandoned her.

It's not an enormous production but the dancers and projections were great (the Xtina in the videos was noticeably skinnier than the one on stage) and it never felt cheap or lazy, there was always plenty going on. If William Baker is her stylist as @Edward says, he did a very mixed job indeed here. One look (for Ain't No Other Man) which was to die for - a black and red leather trenchcoat and beret affair which made her look like one of Madame X's field agents in the Paris bureau.

I really wasn't sure what to expect but it was a highly entertaining night, she's a unique entertainer and I would absolutely go again. (Evil) queen!

Reactions: dUb
Not sure where the best place for this video would be but I've been served a MASTERCLASS with MS AGUILERA on an ad on YouTube and I couldn't stop laughing at the terrified students nodding along while she tells them to PUSH THAT BREATH OUT :D :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom