Your favourite Lady Gaga album

I shake and cry every time I play...

• Total voters
not the gays paying dust to The Fame because it's ~outdated, it encompasses everything about life and we weren't even in the 2010s!

Though my absolute fave would have the be ArtPOP. In fact, I might stop listening to Lana today and blast the ArtPOP album along with the REMIXES (My Spotify must be worried bout me at this point)

Quite happy about the Chromatica love, I wasn't sure she still had it in her to deliver an album with joyous dance bangers!

not the gays paying dust to The Fame because it's ~outdated, it encompasses everything about life and we weren't even in the 2010s!
I mean, as an era, it was like nothing else (other than Spice). I remember seeing her at the Brixton Academy in 09 on the Fame Ball Tour in all of its DIY glory. She was serving so much Aries ambition that we had no choice but to stan, shake and cry.

Though my absolute fave would have the be ArtPOP. In fact, I might stop listening to Lana today and blast the ArtPOP album along with the REMIXES (My Spotify must be worried bout me at this point)
Obviously ARTPOP is icawnique in every way. No other album in my life can encapsulate the chaotic ups-and-downs of being a mid-20s power bottom, working an exhausting job across three time zones, living in a dysfunctional relationship with a man 15 years my senior and a debilitating G addiction. I will always stan and stan hard.

sorry but I just can't at the idea that ANYTHING other than Born This Way is the best Googs album.

get your shit together and embrace your homosexualité GIRLS.

1. The Fame Monster - it is what it is gurls
2. Born This Way - underrated
3. ARTPOP - I want this to be my #1 so bad (cause it has so many max tracks) but there's SO MUCH SHIT to compensate ugh
4. The Fame - wall to wall bops (except "Brown Eyes") and it's transitioning from kind of dated to nostalgia
5. Chromatica - I liked this, but tbh I stopped listening to it after a month
6. Joanne - I like "Walking in Circles" ?

I don't know Cheek 2 Cheek or A Star is Born. Sorry!

1. The Fame Monster
2. The Fame
3. ARTPop
4. Born This Way

5. Chromatica
6. Joanne

7. Cheek to Cheek

8. A Star is Born

1 Born This Way
2 The Fame Monster
3 Chromatica
4 The Fame
5 Joanne
6 ARTPOP
7 Cheek To Cheek
8 A Star Is Born

Struggled with the top two. It's probably a mood thing. I get that The Fame Monster is probably better for me in the sense that if I was rating the whole thing it would have a better average, but Born This Way just EXCITES me more, I guess.

01. Born This Way - the pop album that defined the decade from an artist desperate to prove her creative firepower. unlikely to be topped.

02. ARTPOP - her least consistent front to back, but the highs are spectacular
03. Chromatica - her most consistent front to back, best vocals - just missing an 11/10
04. The Fame Monster - smash singles + OK filler but fuck if those singles didn't SLAP
05. A Star is Born - some fantastic bops n' ballad-lite moments

06. The Fame - dreadfully dated and a fully singles+filler affair. also her vocals. WTF?

07. Joanne - I mean... ugh. at least it gave us Angel Down.
08. Cheek to Cheek - who's that girl?

01. Born This Way - the pop album that defined the decade from an artist desperate to prove her creative firepower.
I think THIS is a little of the problem. I love my top four, including Born This Way, but the effortlessness of the first two albums, particularly the second, are someone at the absolute peak of ideas and creativity for me. When she thinks about it too much, that's when she sometimes falls down, as was seen with ARTPop. But I fucking love that, so hey, what do I know?

I listened to BTW today and you know what? Not a clinker on it. I may have to redo my list. ARTPOP has the highs, but it also has Jewels n Drugs.
I hate 'Americano' and I'm not a huge fan of 'Bad Kids' but otherwise I quite like/love most of it.

Shall we have a BTW or ARTPOP sync listenette at some point

People who pick out individual ARTPOP songs and say "oh [X] is shit" don't really get how to listen to that album. You have to put it on and know that you're like a shy bottom going to an orgy where you get to sit on several 10" cocks for hours on end but there's also a high chance that someone might also shit and vomit on you.

Oh LORDE yes. Let's make it a Jark double special! :disco:
we did Artpop a few months back. everyone was very enthusiastic to begin. less so by the time we got to Swine...

here for another! but let's do BTW second :D

you misspelled Dope
tenor.gif

Dope is the worst but MJH runs it close. Dope isn't a bad song per se but it's so lyrically/thematically turgid. I can't look past it. So clunky! MJH is just an overblown MESS with zero rhythm or enjoyable melody.

I'm tempted to rank Sexxx dreams low because the iTunes festival version was better before she then overproduced the track. That version would probably be my favourite of the whole album

Artpop iTunes version was more dramatic too. but I loooove the album version these days. prob my joint #1 Gaga track. so ELEGANT.

It's close but it has to be Born This Way. Born This Way, The Edge of Glory, Schiebe, You and I, Bad Kids :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom