Your Mariah Carey Top 10(s) - 2019 Ultra-Festive #1 Remix

Category is:

• All-time Top 10
  • Top 10 Imperial Era (90s)
  • Top 10 2000s (Bottoming + Topping Era)
  • Top 10 post-Imperial / Everlasting Icon era (2009-onwards)

I'm too busy having a Sugababes revival at the moment. I can give you a 'babes top 10.

Top 10 post-Imperial / Everlasting Icon era (2009-onwards)

1. Betcha Gon' Know (The Prologue)
This just hasn't moved since it fell asleep on Jasmine's sofa back in 09
2. #Beautiful The moment where she deigns to contribute to her own comeback single is... everything. I like... when you run red lights...
3. Triumphant (Get 'Em) [Original Mix featuring Rick Ross & Meek Mill] The soundtrack to a decade that's given us every high and every low going. Don't let them EVER count you out.
4. The Distance We kissin' in public / You like it / I love it. My sex in public anthem.
5. Obsessed I'm the 2019 meme sensation / You a conversation. The relevance.
6. Portrait The OST to a generation of insta-thots desperately seeking validation as a night of G&T beckons... How do I disappear? indeed
7. Caution A throwback to the pre-Prep generation.
8. Giving Me Life "A stone groove"
9. Standing O The sonic version of a Nancy Pelosi clapping meme, 10 years early.
10. GTFO Why... don't... you... take your shit and leave? I always loved pulling this STUNT on my ex. Locks changed.

Last edited:
2000s Top 10

1. Touch My Body
Only yesterday a Lebanese hunk invited me to touch his cock in the gym. Such utility. Such relevance.
2. Fly Like A Bird The climax. OH JESUS!
3. Migrate An aural instagram filter for 2008. To feature my hips... accentuate my tits... and STEAL THE SHOW
4. I Know What You Want No one would have predicted that this would become her enduring 2000s anthem. And yet. I knew you were gonna give me that high note, Mariah.
5. We Belong Together It would be churlish to place this any lower. An electric shock right in the tits. The final note alone gave us a hundred lipsynchs for your life, long before awful straight girls had heard of RuPaul.
6. Loverboy A tuneless banger before we ever knew what it meant. Butterfinger my tangerines.
7. I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time Flagrant cultural appropriation, and we stan.
8. My Love Those braids. The blackest she has ever been, except for the time she played a silent field slave in that Lee Daniels movie.
9. It's Like That In my fantasies, this stopped Stop from going to #1.
10. I'm That Chick ... you like

Reactions: dUb
Oh I'll TRY AND PLAY. Well at least the all time top 10, as I've recently changed chart topper...

1. We Belong Together
2. My All (Either Version)
3. The Roof
4. Dreamlover (Morales Mix)
5. Fantasy
6. I Know What You Want
7. All I Want For Christmas Is You
8. Always Be My Baby
9. It's Like That
10.Vanishing

Shee, that list just reminds me of why a 90s list is near-impossible. I mean, the EMBARRASSMENT of riches.

Although the omission of Honey alone is a crime

Honey, I can't describe
How GOOD it feels INSIDE

Although the omission of Honey alone is a crime

Honey, I can't describe
How GOOD it feels INSIDE

See, I like it, nay LOVE IT, but it's even next on my Butterfly list when you consider the magnificence of Fourth of July, Breakdown, Babydoll and Whenever You Call.

Honey has also dated a FAIR BIT.

Imperial Era Top 20
  1. The Roof
  2. The Beautiful Ones
  3. Honey
  4. Whenever You Call
  5. Dreamlover
  6. Petals
  7. Breakdown
  8. Close My Eyes
  9. Looking In
  10. When You Believe
  11. Emotions (Unplugged)
  12. Someday
  13. Prisoner
  14. Heartbreaker
  15. Can't Let Go (Unplugged)
  16. Everything Fades Away
  17. Always Be My Baby
  18. Can't Take That Away (Mariah's Theme)
  19. Vision of Love
  20. Make It Happen (Unplugged)

Pleasing to see The Beautiful Ones right up there. I've noticed it being dismissed over the last few years by the lambs, which had led my position on it to be shaken. NO MORE.

Babe, you know I like it when this bitch reminds us she can SANG

Last edited:
All Time Top 10:
  1. We Belong Together - The JEWEL in the crown. Everything about is perfect.
  2. Fly Like a Bird - The second half will send you STRAIGHT to heaven.
  3. The Roof - Has a song ever been produced THIS well? The sadness gets me every time.
  4. I Know What You Want - I am ALWAYS here for a smooth R&B/Rap track.
  5. Petals - Hands down, THE BEST lyrics she's ever written.
  6. Fantasy - Does this even NEED an explanation? Pop perfection.
  7. Vision of Love - THE BEST debut single ever.
  8. Honey - An R&B track with THREE hooks. Yes please.
  9. I Wish You Well - FLAB 2.0
  10. Heartbreaker - Uncharacteristically poppy for her, but it's everything.

1. Fantasy (White people mix)
2. It's Like That
3. The Roof
4. Emotions
5. Make It Happen
6. The Beautiful Ones
7. Heartbreaker
8. Honey
9. Vision of Love
10. We Belong Together

Yes, it's ultra-basic and 90s hit heavy, but that's just how I roll with Mariah.

AIWFC and Auld Lang Syne omitted because I kind of feel like they're their own thing. Obviously I love both.

Do we have a thread for Love takes times? Because I recently found out there's 2 different mixes of the album version, and I can't believe I didn't notice before. Did we know this?

Yes, it's ultra-basic and 90s hit heavy, but that's just how I roll with Mariah.
As a true lamb who bought her debut album in 1990, mine is extremely early 90s heavy, I don't know if I should post it because some choices might shock you all. (Spoiler: I will).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom