My top 32 favourite Real Housewives of ALL TIME: room for MORE?

Speaking of daurters, Teresa’s daughters have inherited her taste in clothing

I'm thinking Danielle Staub, Gina Liano, Lisa Vanderpump, Kenya Moore, Theresa, Phaedra Parks, Bethenny Frankel

Maybe Kim Richards? :D

I've been completely over Sonja so many times in recent seasons, but she's just so charming that when she's in one of her good moments, she really does reel you back in effortlessly.

Sad is the word that's come up the most over the last page or so, and it truly is the most appropriate when it comes to Sonja :(

She can't have a repeat of last season, that's for sure. There were numerous scenes last season where I just straight up didn't want her there - I wanted her to go back home or go back upstairs and just go to bed, leaving the others to it. But then I don't want a repeat of two or three seasons ago where she was sober for most of it (after yet another period in rehab, no doubt). She was a sad character there, too - seeming a bit lost in the action, unable to fully take part, yet conscious that she needs to bring something to the table in order to get that cheque again next year. :(

Classic Sonja was back when she was able to find a middle ground with her drinking (which she seems no longer able to do). Most of her best moments have been in seasons four to perhaps nine, largely when she's buddied up with Ramona on a cast trip. That's Sonja at her best. At her most beloved.

Though special mention has to go to probably my favourite Sonja storyline. In season 6 or 7 when Heather literally took on helping Sonja with her toaster oven as a full-time job, designed and provided a business and marketing plan for her, and pulled in numerous contacts of hers to make it happen. Only for Sonja to balls the whole thing up each step of the way, and pay Heather no gratitude or respect, or even pleasantries of any sort (never mind any kind of financial remuneration) :D

Omg I just got Hulu for $2/month :disco: Ok which franchise should I begin with? Literally cannot make up my mind.

Which ones have you not watched?

Which ones have you not watched?

Tbh, apart from Melbourne, I've really only watched episodes here and there from different franchises. Enough to know some of the stories, but not enough to see the ladies in full action. So all suggestions welcome.

NYC is great fun from the start and that first season is short.

Jersey from the start until Caroline leaves, skip the seasons before Margret (so skip 5 and 6 I think, they’re unwatchable).

I was never able to watch OC from the beginning, around season 4 is the best start but also when Heather Dubrow joins is a good start.

NYC definitely seems to be the one to go to from THIS COUNTDOWN :D Which btw is definitely my favorite non-Mariah countdown this year.

I forget to mention SHEEREE's friend in the Nene write up :D One of the few people to actually rattle Nene

WHY was she not given a peach, for one season as a TRIAL at least! She owned all of the few scenes she was in.

I didn't really highlight what is probably my favourite Nene moment either (from 2.29) :D :

"Have a good night :)
We wish you best with the song :), we're ALL going to buy it :)
:):):):)
Thank YOU!
:):eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:"

Last edited:
Kim's cheap ass wigs never cease to amaze me.

EVEN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

And so it's back to Phoenix's FAVE REGION for this BRASSY BLONDE that falls JUST SHORT of the top 10

11: Gamble Breaux-Wolf - Real Housewives of Melbourne
tenor.gif

tumblr_nkx86dLVk91ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Is Gamble the most SELF AWARE Housewife of all time? I certainly think she's UP THERE!

Out of ALL Housewives OF ALL, I can't think of ANY that understands their job as clearly as Gamble.
Gamble KNOWS Housewives is a load of camp old toot, Gamble KNOWS to shit-stir and make mountains out of molehills is the ONLY WAY to make great TV, and Gamble is FULLY prepared to say whatever is needed, and switch alliances at the DROP of a hat, to make good TV :D

Gamble is basically a TV producers gift - so much so she was ACTIVELY involved in the casting for the Real Housewives of Sydney as a SENIOR ADVISOR - and long-term readers of this thread KNOW how THAT turned out! :disco:
tumblr_ouixpocy6K1spgk1lo1_500.gifv

tumblr_oujbmskeaU1spgk1lo1_500.gifv

Gamble joined at the start of season 2 in Melbourne, and was INITIALLY pitched as a superfan/minion of Gina
tumblr_np82acK9Sq1sonlo9o1_400.gif

but with a DARK, SALACIOUS, MYSTERIOUS (and potential SEX WORKER*) past.
tumblr_njsnb63cG11qm5zw9o1_500.gif

The Janet (and Chyka) drama around Gamble's past DOMINATED most of season 2, in a way that probably SHOULD have been tiring, but due to Gamble's natural SHIT-STIRRING urges and Janet's ludicrous persona it didn't quite tire you out in the way it should.
Indeed it basically all got put to bed, before Gamble's RIDICULOUS HARRIDAN sister TEMPEST decided to BUT IN with her iconic "OH CRAP!" to Janet, and blew it all up ALL OVER AGAIN!
CDg4WWWWAAA5a0g.png

954f1240-c6d8-0132-46c1-0e9062a7590a.gif

Tempest of course made a FURTHER APPEARANCE in season 2 with her very own literal EXTREME MAKE OVER surgery reveal at Gamble's hen night :D / :disco: Really a scene of Housewives utter ridiculousness.

Fellow S2 NEW HIRE Pettifleur seem to have some sort of unspoken RIVALRY between her and Gamble, that simmers throughout season 2 and 3. It mainly seems to be based upon nothing more than them both being cast on the show at the same time :D

Gamble calling out Pettifleur's (SELF PUBLISHED) Switch The Bitch book with the immortal and utterly HEARTLESS guttural cry of "WHO IS THE PUBLISHAAAAAAA" when asked "any questions?" at Pettifleur's own BOOK LAUNCH remains both savage and hilarious.

Season 3 saw Gamble get married to her - actually quite lovely - husband Dr Wolf. Sadly it wasn't ALL plain sailing with resident princess PETTIFLEUR once again putting a spanner in the works at the wedding invite party.
Gamble is responsible for possibly one of the FUNNIEST Housewives comebacks of all time when Pettifleur refused her invitation:
tumblr_o3v7mq7Hmt1qds5ako1_500.gif

Later former BFF Gina acts as her wedding cerement, only to COMPLETELY DITCH Gamble for somewhat unclear reasons post, leaving Gamble to forge a VERY short lived alliance with Lydia, and then later move towards former ENEMY Janet's camp.
The breakdown of the relationship with Gina is so weird - one minute she's blessing their union, the next minute they aren't even speaking to each other :D

Season 4 saw Gamble obviously COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH with all other Housewives, with Gamble living CONSIDERABLY DOWN THE COAST out of Melbourne, but was drafted BACK INTO THE FRAY for drama purposes.

Season 4 is a bit of an odd one for Gamble. She settles into Janet's group for EASINESS sake, but most of her schtick for the season is pulling stunts against Venus and Gina, and CHIPPING HER TOOTH in the first episode :D
In many ways, she gives less of a shit than EVER and is completely determined to stir the pot however she wants - and no longer has the WASPY ANNOYANCE of Pettifleur lingering around her trying to score points :D

Pettifleur's (RUBBISH) replacement shit-in-the-lunchbox Venus is a PARTICULAR trigger for Gamble:
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Gamble is just a grade A Housewife. She even admitted it herself ON CAMERA during season 2 during a fight with Janet's best friend and apparent Gamble NEMESIS Manuela.

Manuela: "What do you do for money"
Gamble: "REALITY TV YOU IDIOT" :D

The feud with Manuela wasn't explored ENOUGH in my opinion, and I'm surprised Manuela wasn't brought back for season 3 for FURTHER DRAGGINGS.
This Gamble read from the series 2 reunion is LEGENDARY, so much so it seemed to take SEVERAL YEARS until most people understood it:
tumblr_nohyrfopXO1qg5ea1o1_400.gifv

You can also read an interview with Manuela here where she claims she is TOO BUSY to be a Housewife, despite her OBVIOUS THIRST to be one :D
https://observer.com/2014/10/melbourne-housewife-has-real-psychic-powers-insider-alleges/

Gamble gives amazing, self-deprecating talking head and is generally a bit of a JOY of a Housewife. Never quite going TOO FAR, but messy enough to give you EVERYTHING you need :disco: (I can't find that many GAMBLE GIFs online, so the below is a bit of a placeholder :D )
tumblr_no0zykHbNu1qds5ako1_500.gif

Finally, Gamble has an ADORABLE relationship with her gay stepson Luke, who really does seem to love her back - some of the scenes at her wedding are honestly somewhat emotional. Also: who wouldn’t want GAMBLE as their evil stepmum :D

She's ALSO an occasional popstar! Most of her stuff is TOTAL GUFF, but Classy is SOMETHING ELSE, with an amazing occasional nipple-flashing video and a chorus melody that in different hands could be genuinely QUITE SOMETHING

Enjoy her best bits here, they are a RIDE

and a CLOSER LOOK at Gamble VS Pettifleur (AKA the divine fight for screen time :D )

and one of her BEST BITS EVER that didn't even occur on the SHOW!

Gamble WILL OF COURSE be back for season 5 of Melbourne, with or WITHOUT any friends in the cast. And long may she do what she's best at: STIR SHIT! NEXT!

*Sex work is of course REAL WORK, and no judgement AT ALL here from me

Last edited:
:D Omg LOVE this write-up. Gamble was an instant favorite for me, just from her personality alone. But she's also so much fun to watch. And THANK FUCK you decided to mention MANUELA :D I am STILL praying for her to be cast, so we can finally get the Gina vs Manuela smackdown we fucking deserve :disco:

:D Omg LOVE this write-up. Gamble was an instant favorite for me, just from her personality alone. But she's also so much fun to watch. And THANK FUCK you decided to mention MANUELA :D I am STILL praying for her to be cast, so we can finally get the Gina vs Manuela smackdown we fucking deserve :disco:

Thanks babe! It was literally just TOSSED OUT fuelled by some Portugese duero :D

I'm GAGGED STILL Manela was not brought back for season 3!
She was such a GRADE A CUNT, and SURELY would have been a FAR MORE debaucherous casting choice than SUSIE SNOOZY!

I guess maybe Manuela was possibly TOO VOLATILE to take on full time, being properly NASTY as opposed to Gamble's camp and ditzy schtick

Reactions: COB
I find her utterly pointless, all the Melbourne housewives are just so rehearsed. Especially in season 4, she was just creating drama for no reason.
For viewers at home, I just want to point out that this here is ENTIRELY INCORRECT

She's just so much FUN and just the sort of person I want to see on my television! I might have cried at her wedding AND a little bit when she invited Wolfpup into an empty theatre to sing that frankly rather IFFY song for their anniversary or whatever it was :D

It's so tacky, but Gamble's speech at her wedding to Luke and WOLF DADDY really hit me, more the DAD's absolute acceptance of both a CAMP WIFE and GAY SON than anything Gamble said. What a man Wolfie is :disco:

To be clear, my own father is absolutely FUCKING AMAZING, but I'm aware so many other gays don't have that luxury. It was so nice to see it played out on TV and THE GAYNESS not even be HINTED AT or mentioned as being an issue <3

Sue me for this, but I need ANDREA back :D she was a self righteous hateable cunt of the highest order.

Reactions: COB
ACTUALLY!

I'm not going to post the next entry until I have at least two TOP TEN PREDICTIONS!

I can EXCLUSIVELY reveal the top 10 is pulled from FIVE FRANCHISES ONLY that aren't CONFIRMED EXITS: Sydney, Dallas, OC, Canada, Ireland (?), Johannesburg, Cheshire and Auckland

STEP UP QUEENS!

We dont want this thread to end up all
5457a0e0ecad04f019c3034c

or maybe we do :(

ACTUALLY!

I'm not going to post the next entry until I have at least two TOP TEN PREDICTIONS!

I can EXCLUSIVELY reveal the top 10 is pulled from FIVE FRANCHISES ONLY that aren't CONFIRMED EXITS: Sydney, Dallas, OC, Canada, Ireland (?), Johannesburg, Cheshire and Auckland

STEP UP QUEENS!

5457a0e0ecad04f019c3034c

Can we have a reminder of the countdown so far please?

ACTUALLY!

STEP UP QUEENS!

5457a0e0ecad04f019c3034c

I'm going to say The Countess, Teresa Giudice and Lisa Vanderpump will be in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom