My top 32 favourite Real Housewives of ALL TIME: room for MORE?

Has anybody tried SkinnyGirl DELI MEAT? :zombie:

DPSxmZ1WsAIJ_Sg.jpg

who even KNOWS what animal that originated from! DISGUSTING!

I used to see Skinny Girl popcorn and some chocolates in the store but I never bothered.

Bethenny is quite a divisive one for me. I love having her on a season - particularly seasons 7 to 11. She riles the women up, while simultaneously keeping them in line, which drives them crazy, which she then calls them out on - and repeat. No one can get away with any bullshit around her - she just won't have it. But equally, no one can put up with her bullshit, as it's so overpowering in itself. It's heartwarming watching her help one of her castmates, and it's far more entertaining than it should be to watch her eviscerate them. She's such an enormous drive for all the shenanigans that make NYC the best franchise.

But then I also love not having her on a season - to see how it breathes without her. Season 12 was like a fever dream that I can't quite believe happened :D

In short: watching a season of NYC with Bethenny in the cast is like taking a trip to the zoo, whereas watching a season without her is like seeing those animals run wild with no cages and no zookeepers. Both are very entertaining in their own way.

I do want her to come back to the show (preferably with new BFF Dorinda), but I think a three-year gap like last time would be best.

As much as I love Bethenny and appreciate her on the show, however, I've still not forgiven her for not making up with Jill at the end of season 3. As much as that season IS the best season of NYC, it would have been even more so had it had that story arc of the two making up at the end.

Jill is an all-time great Housewife (so much so that she orchestrated that fall-out for the show -despite Andy advising her not to - expecting that they would make-up at the end). Bethenny ended her by not playing the game. And we were deprived of Jill lasting as long as Ramona, Luann and Sonja have. Can you IMAGINE 12 seasons of Jill vs Ramona?

Anyway, enough about Jill. I'll save that for when she appears further up the countdown :eyes:

I'm currently trying to make my way through the first season of Bethenny Ever After, which is a huge slog. But I'm told it's worth it, because in seasons 2 the cracks between her and Jason start to appear, and in season 3 they're not even hiding their contempt for each other anymore. :disco:

Her initial return where she would just cry spontaneously was definitely exhausting to watch.

I might add too, I know Carole isn't exactly a favourite here, but I can really see why she took a step back from their friendship. Now she didn't come out of it looking great (the reunion was a disaster for Carole) but being that close to Bethenny for so long would take a toll on anyone. From what we were shown, it looked like Bethenny wanted Carole on call 24/7 and when Carole wasn't able (or wanted) for that, Bethenny turned on her. I'd wager too that seeing Bethenny's snide remarks in her interviews about Carole's interest in the election made Carole realise how one-sided the friendship was.

Season 12 was like a fever dream that I can't quite believe happened :D

In short: watching a season of NYC with Bethenny in the cast is like taking a trip to the zoo, whereas watching a season without her is like seeing those animals run wild with no cages and no zookeepers. Both are very entertaining in their own way.

I do want her to come back to the show (preferably with new BFF Dorinda)

Yes it's all VERY THAT! A perfect description :D

I am BAFFLED when I read people online saying season 12 was boring - each episode was like a self-contained story arc of complete insanity! And that REUNION! :disco:
tenor.gif

Bethenny is possibly the ONLY Housewife that could call Bravo up and be back on the show within minutes. I'm not even sure LVP or Nene have that power (although tides may turn in Nene's favour if the Atlanta ratings don't shoot up soon :( )

At least production know they have an ace card in their pocket with a fairly safe bet of a Bethenny/Dorinda double ticket return. Imagine if Ramona got REMOVED as a condition of their comeback :D

My fave moment from Bethenny's initial return is OF COURSE: BRUNCH WARS! :disco:

I haven't checked the video above so it might not be in it, but when Bethenny enters the party late, you can FEEL the energy in the room shift through the screen - and you get the sense that some of the women (meeting B for the first time?) are honestly a bit star-struck.

It's ALSO interesting, as you can feel and see the power SEEP out of Holla Heather who had been playing the Bethenny role in the fallow-year of seasons 5&6. Poor Holla was toast as soon as Bethenny walked through that door :D

It was also a classic Bethenny vs Ramona epic mini feud, with great supporting cast from noted brunch-invitation-etiquette spokesperson Lu, Sonja and Dorina :disco:

I might add too, I know Carole isn't exactly a favourite here, but I can really see why she took a step back from their friendship. Now she didn't come out of it looking great (the reunion was a disaster for Carole) but being that close to Bethenny for so long would take a toll on anyone. From what we were shown, it looked like Bethenny wanted Carole on call 24/7 and when Carole wasn't able (or wanted) for that, Bethenny turned on her. I'd wager too that seeing Bethenny's snide remarks in her interviews about Carole's interest in the election made Carole realise how one-sided the friendship was.

I really wanted to dive into Carole in my write up! It's been a while since I watched so my memory is a bit hazy of the DETAILS, but for once I loved Carole at the season 9 reunion :D She just totally didn't give a fuck :D

giphy.gif

I think that "feud" really showed Bethenny's emotional shortcomings. We've all had a friendship just naturally burn itself out, and Bethenny just didn't have basic DIGNITY to let it go. Why flog a dead horse, especially on NATIONAL TV! There was also the weird element where somebody close to Carole had died I think, which is why Bethenny didn't hear much from Carole, and Bethenny just point blank seemed unable to UNDERSTAND that there were other things in Carole's life more important that B :D

The season 9 reunion REALLY flung up Andy's bais towards Bethenny too :D From memory I think all the other wives were on Carole's side (aside from maybe Sonja, and WHO CARES what she thinks :D )

tenor.gif

Last edited:
I really wanted to dive into Carole in my write up! It's been a while since I watched so my memory is a bit hazy of the DETAILS, but for once I loved Carole at the season 9 reunion :D She just totally didn't give a fuck :D

giphy.gif

I think that "feud" really showed Bethenny's emotional shortcomings. We've all had a friendship just naturally burn itself out, and Bethenny just didn't have basic DIGNITY to let it go. Why flog a dead horse, especially on NATIONAL TV! There was also the weird element where somebody close to Carole had died I think, which is why Bethenny didn't hear much from Carole, and Bethenny just point blank seemed unable to UNDERSTAND that there were other things in Carole's life more important that B :D

The season 9 reunion REALLY flung up Andy's bais towards Bethenny too :D From memory I think all the other wives were on Carole's side (aside from maybe Sonja, and WHO CARES what she thinks :D )

tenor.gif

The look of pure joy on Bethenny’s face when Carol finally loses it on Andy is priceless. Andy was more shocked than when Teresa threw him down.

Also Bethenny looked gorgeous in that reunion. Her dress and styling were perfection.

Going back to Bethenny, I remember really enjoying her complete aversion towards Holla Heather.

I know she's a hit with The Fans, but Holla always grated on me somewhat. So to see her met with total disinterest by Bethenny, to the point that she left the show after one season of them together, was oddly gratifying.

“We have a chance to turn thing around”
“No we don’t”

:D

and 8 years later Bethenny has a successful podcast while Omorosa has been deleted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom