A Song for Moopy: UNDERCOVER. Song selection thread! CLOSED

ButterTart

Succulent Chinese meal
Due to overwhelming public harassment, I’ve decided to open this early so people know what they’re sending.

Your song must be a cover - in whole or in part - of a previous, commercially available song (single, album track, cast recording, public domain). It can be in any language, it can be an instrumental version of a vocal song (and vice versa) and it can have totally different lyrics provided there is a substantial likeness to the original (@Suomi My Neck My Back is NOT a post-modern reworking of Step Outside Love, so please stop asking).
That’s it. Everything is fair game, have fun with it!

Please send me:
YouTube link (essential)
Spotify link (not essential but remember there are wild homosexuals roaming these lands who WILL judge you)
The country you want to represent (I will assign one if you like)
The artist being covered (and the song name if it’s totally different)

IF YOU WANT TO you can shamelessly copy @SDF by sending a video to accompany the reveal of your song in a couple of weeks.

You have until next Sunday (27th September) to send me your entries.
The Flags 4 Slags parade will be on Monday 28th,
Followed by two viewing parties on 29th and 30th.

Just like when I worked at that crèche, I’m doing everything I can to avoid semis and with the numbers we’ve got, one big final is definitely feasible.

Any questions, please get in contact with me. Remember to start your question with @Indie or I may not respond.

Last edited:
I thought I might as well open this. Frankly, after being entered 12 times during its infancy and a gaggle of grown men slathering at the thought of having a go, this contest should just be renamed ‘A Song for JonBenet’.

There is a song that keeps telling me it wants to be entered but it's not something that would be either popular or the original known. But it's very persistent

Also, you’re free to change your song choice at any point should you want to. Personally I hope you DON’T because I’m already excited about how I’m going to order the ones I have in the playlists, but the option is there.

Tisch is a top?
source.gif

‘A flurry of entries in the space of a few minutes’ used to be a phrase we’d only use to describe Lucille in the communal toilet at a Traveller’s Rest. Today, it applies to A Song for Moopy as we now have FIFTEEN songs!
It was saying we can change our entries what did it.

I don’t even have ONE, and NO I DON’T want one of YOURS Indie!

Also I hope they're all drink-themed.

I wouldn't want to be TYPECAST. Besides, finding a cover of a song that's originally about drinking is even harder to find.

(Alestorm do have a cover which is about drinking, but no)

I wouldn't want to be TYPECAST. Besides, finding a cover of a song that's originally about drinking is even harder to find.

(Alestorm do have a cover which is about drinking, but no)
I believe that Alestorm's version of Wolves of the Sea would be eligible. It would get my points.

I submitted my song earlier and think I’ve made the wrong choice. Neither of my options are likely to trouble the top ten though. :(

Entered with a song i adore in original and cover format :disco:

Are you going to make an evenings event out of the original versions during the voting period? @ButterTart I think it would be a fun pre-results listen. (Even though i'm never usually about for said results lol)

There was nothing shameless about my video reveal :eyes:

Anyway I’ve submitted my song, watch out bitches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom