Agnetha - Where Do We Go From Here? and A+

Well she’s full of surprises. I really thought that was it for her. How EXCITING. :disco:

I'm tempering my expectations as her voice seemed to have deteriorated quite significantly between "A" and Voyage, but just the fact that she's still keen to record and do new music really warms the cockles.

I wonder if she can top Dance Your Pain Away. I'm going to pop on that and I Won't Let You Go in celebration.

I'm tempering my expectations as her voice seemed to have deteriorated quite significantly between "A" and Voyage, but just the fact that she's still keen to record and do new music really warms the cockles.
She can still emote wonderfully though. That's enough for me, even if strength is diminished.

Someone on one of the hinged ABBA forums has recognised that this is the opening line from You Must Love Me from Evita, and oh my god, I’d love to hear an Agnetha version of that, it’s perfect for her. Especially older Agnetha.

It looks like BMG are handling this, so I can totally see this being a musical theatre album released for the Christmas market or something.

Someone on one of the hinged ABBA forums has recognised that this is the opening line from You Must Love Me from Evita, and oh my god, I’d love to hear an Agnetha version of that, it’s perfect for her. Especially older Agnetha.

It looks like BMG are handling this, so I can totally see this being a musical theatre album released for the Christmas market or something.
And presumably we'd get an English I Don't Know How To Love Him...

Although I Don't Know How Love Him is certainly far more of a reach vocally

The fact that her twitter, Instagram and website using a '+' icon/profile pic or whatever you call it is leading some to speculate that it could be an album of duets.

There’s an agnethaofficial TikTok channel as well. What a kick in the teeth for ABBA if she actually bothers doing promotion for this. :D

Deflated, if this on amazon is true. You'd think amazon would be reliable, wouldn't you? Release date October 13th.

On the 10th anniversary of her solo album ‘A’, Agnetha Fältskog releases ‘A+’, a completely reimagined version of ‘A’. This 2CD deluxe version of the album features 11 reworked tracks, including the lead single ‘Where Do We Go From Here?’ - the first new material from Agnetha in 10 years - plus all 10 original recordings from the album ‘A’. Agnetha has been working with renowned, Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer Jorgen Elofsson (who has written hits for Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson and many more).

“Completely reworked” meaning the ten original tracks plus one that was probably a cast-off in the first place?! For god’s sake.

A couple of weeks ago I'd have been thrilled :(

Now, due to all the fanwankery I've been subjected to (and fully participated in), it's a disappointment :D

:D

Who wouldn't love a new double album and a world tour?

I've not read anything other than this thread, so I am where you were two weeks ago and very much in the "incredible to have anything new" camp.

If it's just a revamp of "A", that's fine. I really love "The One Who Loves You Now" and "When You Really Loved Someone" in the first place and I'm sure the new one will be up to scratch. Hoping that Jörgen will delete Barlow's vocal track is probably wishing for too much though.

Apparently on with Zoe Ball this Thursday, with premiere of the new track.

The interview Zoe did with Frida was an utter joy, so I hope Agnetha is as engaging.

Screenshot_20230829_124826_Chrome.jpg

The interview Zoe did with Frida was an utter joy, so I hope Agnetha is as engaging.
If her interviews for A (or rather her one interview duplicated a dozen times) are anything to go by, I'm sure we have nothing to worry about. :)

Isn't Kylie's new single out on Thursday too? Eddie said it was so I have no reason to doubt that. Mightn't the guest be her?

Would be strange for BMG to launch both on the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom