Alanis Morissette - Under Rug Swept/Feast On Scraps sync listen (Sunday 7 March, 6PM)

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him
Join me and @Iguana and OTHERS for a sync listen of Alanis's 5th album (3rd MAJOR album) and an EP of outtakes (I believe) from around the same time.

R-1253628-1550836458-3801.jpeg.jpg

51Rg6o2CugL.jpg

I think this album is STUNNING, but I am excited to hear more about it from her fans. I've also never heard this EP, so feel free to join even if you don't know her well.

7 March 2021
6 PM
5th Alanis Album
4 People I hope are joining this sync AT LEAST
3 Times I will say something personal I regret during the sync
2 Albums
1 Sync

@Iguana @Tisch @Gangsta Nancy Lam @Beverley @jivafox @Jark @POP! @Ag

Last edited:
Despite not being that into Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie, Under Rug Swept has some of my fave Alanis songs, so WORK :disco:

Reactions: RJN
*raises hand*

Junkie and Flavours are such musical bookmarks for me (and Forks has recently caught me off guard as something rather special too). I remember Rug being much better than I thought, but completely blank trying to remember Scraps, so even if I miss the time I'll drop by after the fact.

VERY FUN FACT

Back in 2001, Alanis put up a tracklist for Under Rug Swept on her website prematurely which was very different to the final version. The original tracklist contained a number of the Feast on Scraps songs and the order is totally different - here it is:

1. Fear of Bliss
2. 21 Things I Want In A Lover
3. Narcissus
4. A Man
5. That Particular Time
6. So Unsexy
7. Sister Blister
8. Bent4U
9. Sorry 2 Myself
10. Hands Clean
11. Precious Illusions
12. Utopia

This album would have been much rockier than the final product, with the more "commercial" tracks at the end and the omission of Flinch, Surrendering and You Owe Me Nothing In Return.

I have also updated the first post with this playlist now, since it isn't exactly a secret what is in it. Can someone confirm that none of it is geoblocked?

Last edited:
in 1 minute, press play on the voice note and then immediately after, the Spotify Playlist

Have we started? I hear the sound of crashing guitars and Alanis crashing her car through someone's garage.

Reactions: RJN
Its so realistic that she wants these things in a lover, but doesn't need them

21 Things is very Alanis by numbers (:basil:) verse and chorus using lots of words and lots of lists, middle 8, back to the chorus, ending on a bit of zinger. Not really caring if the words rhyme or fit the rhythm.

LOVE IT.

Her mega mega white thing albums (I'm speaking commercial sales, and have also just finished the Trainspotting OST)
may be stuck in the 90s, but we're off to a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom