Besa Kokedhima - Zemrën n'dorë
Bledi Kaso - Çdo gjë mbaroi
Melodajn Mancaku - Nuk jemi ne
Olsi Ballta - Unë
Troy the Band - Horizonti i ëndrrave
Samanta Karavello - N'majë
Luan Durmushi - Përsëritja
Sardi Strugaj - Boshatisur

Kejsi Tola represented Albania in 2009, but there's quite a lot of big names here (more than usual I feel?) - the early favourite is presumably Elsa Lila who has won 100% of the Festivali i Këngës she's entered. She won last year but they had a one-off rule about a separate vote for the ESC representative, she's back specifically to go to ESC this time.

Happy NF Season, girls :disco:

1697562794928.png

Kosovo are staging their own Festivali i Këngës for the first time this year, explicitly intended to be a Eurovision national final in the future. No winner has been chosen yet, but Anjeza Shahini was there performing The Image Of You :disco:

So this won the festival and would be Kosovo’s first ever entry if they were allowed in next year (which, obviously, they won’t be)

The final of this is tonight, Elsa Lila is once again the big favourite (she's won ever Festivali I Këngës that she's entered, but lost the separate televote to go to ESC last year)

This rather esoteric one has been popular with the fans, but was hasn't made the final. Bizarrely, it could still become the ESC entry - there's once again a separate vote to become the ESC entry which is unconnected to winning the actual festival, and you can vote for eliminated entries in that vote.

The final of this is tonight, Elsa Lila is once again the big favourite (she's won ever Festivali I Këngës that she's entered, but lost the separate televote to go to ESC last year)

Watching this now - this would make a great entry for Albania as it would be nice to send something completely different for them

14. Anduel Kovaci – “Nan’” 10
15. Michela Paluca – “Për veten” 08
16. Peter Pan Quartet – “Edhe nje here” 00
17. Besa Kokëdhima – “Zemrën n’dorë” 06
18. Arsi Bako – “Zgjohu” 07

There is a hook in there, but so deeply buried

Some woman singing a ballad won the Eurovision vote though..

She barely has the ability to stand up. 2:20 in and she nearly falls.

I suspect this will go the usual way for most of their entires. A borderline qualifier then about 17th in the final.

ESC Twitter appears to have already dug up evidence she's liked some TERF sports related posts. :ToneNervous:

Last edited:
Another fan favourite to add to the line up :D albeit one from a few years back. She randomly entered the Romanian national final back in 2009:

BESA!! My favourite song won! Well, the Eurovision ticket anyway. You might recognise her from ASFM when I sent her in one of last year’s contests.

I guess their usual result is quite likely. I’m sure it will be revamped. Besa said it was originally written in English so I think she’ll likely sing in English in Malmö.

Last edited:
Hmm. It’s very much “Albania at Eurovision” but of the slightly Westernised Arilena/Elhaida ilk, which somehow serves to make it more interesting and blander at the same time.

Confirmed as going into English:

Typically Albania qualifies in Albanian and stays in the semi in English, so it’s a brave choice. Hopefully it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom