Anita Pointer DEAD

Sad news. I always struggle to remember who took lead on what with them but always know I’m So Excited is Anita on lead.

:(

They were all great but Anita had my favourite voice of the Pointers, and she did Slow Hand and Fire too.

Interesting that I'm So Excited is by far their most popular song on Spotify.

Automatic, Jump (For My Love) and I’m So Excited are the immediate go-tos for me and then it would be Neutron Dance, Dare Me and Slow Hand.

1. I’m So Excited
2. Neutron Dance
3. Telegraph Your Love
4. Dare Me
5. Automatic
6. Jump (For My Love)
7. Slow Hand
8. Fire
9. Baby Come And Get It
10.He’s So Shy

:disco:

• Love
Reactions: RJN
1. Fire
2. Slow Hand
3. Dare Me
4. I’m so Excited
5. Automatic

Rip

Automatic, Jump (For My Love) and I’m So Excited are the immediate go-tos for me and then it would be Neutron Dance, Dare Me and Slow Hand.

I mean, I looked them up afterwards and obviously knew some more songs, but wouldn't have known they were theirs.

Never forget the super gay and frankly rather odd TOTP showing of Automatic, with clips of robots and fan gays.

Last edited:
Did the sisters Pointer raid three entirely different charity shops to style themselves for their approx 25 seconds of screen time in that TOTP perf?

s-l1600.jpg

This greatest hits was rarely off in my house at the time. I always loved the artwork.

Their 80s side-splitters are what I know them best for - Automatic and Dare Me being my absolute faves even if Jump and Excited were arguably their highest price tags.

I had that on tape. I love the cover too, though it didn't look quite so good squished up.

I don't think I have heard Anita's hit country duet before:

She sounds great and the 'do was as amazing as ever.

As the #1 PROMOTER of ALL THINGS POINTER I feel REMISS not to have POSTED IN THIS TOPIC so HERE'S MY FAVE FROM THE ANITA SOLO ALBUM

I mean I'm usually ALLERGIC to THAT KIND OF THING but it's BETTER than 'CRAZY FOR YOU'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom