Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Night of 1000 Annie Lennox's on Drag Race WHEN?

God, when she was good she was GREAT...

I somehow missed this song when it came out. I wasn't the biggest Annie fan then. I think I only really remembered Walking On Broken Glass.

It was when I bought the No More I Love Yous CD single on the next album, and the other songs on it were live versions of Why, Cold and Walking. I totally fell in love. I went back and checked out Diva properly when I also retroactively got into the Eurythmics in the late 90s. The songs came through in stages. Little Bird was a latecomer.

But Oh My, it's up there with the best. To think she had this up her sleeve after 4 massively wonderful singles that preceded it.

10/10

Not quite a 10 for me, but I do love it. Why and Walking on Broken Glass are comparatively much better.

Easy 10 for me but yes I agree that it’s the “runt of the litter” if you compare it to Why and Broken Glass

This thread has also reMinded me of the gorgeousness of Precious

It's better than Walking on broken glass, but I admit it's not as good as the mighty Why, or Love song for a vampire.

The singles of that era for me go:

1. Why
2. Previous
3. Love song for a vampire
4. Little bird
5. Cold
6. Walking on broken glass

And yet, Cold is the best song on the album :disco:

Oft overlooked, it’s such a vocal and songwriting masterclass. Also her favourite own song.

Of course the live version is what makes it. Classic soul music.

You really can't beat "Why?"

Do you know how I feel?
'Cause i don't think you know how I feel
I don't think you KNOW what I feel

Devastating.

Last edited:
The Gift is probably my favourite song on the album though, even if it's the soundtrack to Annie shaking off the rock star image and becoming BARE.

And we all know that led to God Rest Ye Not So Merrie Gentleman and Sing! :zombie:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom