Anti-Tour announced

Eddie

User
They weren't kidding about the low budget:

Antitourartwork-451x331.jpg

5 March 2012

KYLIE ANTI TOUR SHOWS ANNOUNCED

After much speculation the word is out – Kylie’s announced her first Anti tour shows in Melbourne and Sydney later this month!

Sunday 18th March 2012 The Palace, 20-30 Bourke St., Melbourne

Tuesday 20th March 2012 The Big Top, Luna Park, Sydney

Small, intimate, unexpected. A unique experience, for super fans only. Kylie and her band performing those songs you thought you’d never hear live! The flipside to a huge “Kylie production”, a once in a lifetime chance and a night to remember.

Tickets on sale NOON Wednesday 7 March (Sydney time) via kylie.com and frontiertouring.com/kylie.

Numbers are strictly limited. These shows will sell out.

Anti scalping measures:

The Anti-Tour is for the fans so in a measure to deter scalping The Frontier Touring Company ask fans to please note the following information below as well as on the INFO tab above.

Doors: 7:30pm
Tickets: General Admission Only

Wristband collection is available from 12pm to 4pm.

The ticket purchaser and their guest must both be in attendance to collect wristbands. Both must produce photo ID plus the credit card purchased with. Tickets are strictly non-transferrable.

Last edited:
OMG this is going to be a NIGHTMARE when (if) it eventually comes over here. I HAVE to go, obviously, but making you queue up to go and BUY tickets? OH NOES :(

I LOVE that photo, though :disco:

Edit No.2 :evil: : tickets on sale the week before the actual dates. You queue up for the wristbands I think, not the tickets.

First show is less than two weeks away.

Last edited:
I like that there's that little time between the gigs, mind...I think that's a GOOD idea and shows she wants these to go to "real" fans.

I dread to think what the cost is going to be, though...

I sure hope they release this, if not on DVD at least on CD since It's pretty much a given I won't attend this :(
I will die if she does Love Takes Over Me or Ocean Blue *dreams*

I NEVER thought she would actually do this, despite talking about it for a while. Sounds fantastic.

Finally, I'm MAJORLY excited about something Kylie related.

Last edited:
Both venues hold about 2,000 people so you're most likely looking at the Shepherd's Bush Empire or IndigO2 in London.

I wonder if she'd do any of the lesser-known SAW songs she's clearly not fond of herself but acknowledges from time to time (Over Dreaming Over You, What Kind of Fool) or if it's going to be a massive DeCon and latter-day B-Sides fest?

Last edited:
I'm IN
So DEEP
Can't THINK
And I CAN'T SLEEP.

Oh dear, if she carries this into the UK there'll be a mental breakdown on here akin to me trying to get Muse tickets for Teignmouth.

I will have a TOTAL BREAKDOWN if I didn't get tickets for this. Like SERIOUSLY.

She WILL bring it to the UK. In some form at least...

Isn't that about £65 ?

That's hardly TERRIBLE when you consider the size of the venue and what she could command...

Sorry, it's £87

STILL, I don't think it's THAT much of a "FLEECE", all things considered. Stop being so FUCKING NEGATIVE

If Edward isn't allowed to be negative, I will to make up for it.

NO THANKS, KYLIE

I would rather pay £87 to see her do something that is genuinely a bit unique and more geared towards the fans than pay the same amount to watch her dance around with a load of blokes in spacesuits for the 5th time.

PLEASE SING MADE IN HEAVEN/LOVING YOU/MADE OF GLASS PLEASE KYLIE.

"Loving You" would be amaze, as would "Things Can Only Get Better" but I don't think there's any chance of the latter happening

Theme tune to Night And Day please. Perhaps in a medley with Love Is The Drug.

I've provisionally said I'd go see this - although going in person to collect wristbands is going to be a right old pain in the arse.

Jesus it's a bit short notice.

Oh well, I saw her last year so not terribly fussed. It is just down the road though...

I believe she took suggestions for the setlist on twitter last year. Does anyone know what was put forward to her?

I like the promo pic. I think I'd happily ( stupidly ) pay up to £100 for a ticket but no chance of being able to get across to England to collect wristbands etc though in essence it is a good idea.

First two shows sold out this morning and in a rather curious turn of events:

WB_AntiTour_02_0331-451x300.jpg

7 March 2012

KYLIE RESPONDS TO PLEAS FROM FANS WITH TWO ADDITIONAL ANTI TOUR SHOWS!

Unsurprisingly Kylie’s two Australian Anti Tour shows sold out in just minutes yesterday!

Inundated by pleas from fans Kylie has agreed to perform not just one but TWO shows on the same night in each city!

The “late” Anti Tour shows are now scheduled for 11:30pm in Melbourne on Sunday 18th March and 10:30pm in Sydney on Tuesday 20 March.

Tickets to these second and definitely final shows will go on sale at noon in Victoria/NSW this Friday 9 March exclusively via Kylie.com and FrontierTouring.com/kylie. If you missed out the first time around, this is your last chance.

Fans who just can’t get enough Kylie and already have tickets to the original shows may purchase additional tickets in the new shows; however the same anti scalping rules apply.

The Anti Tour is for the fans so to deter scalping The Frontier Touring Company is setting a limit of two tickets per customer. Frontier is asking fans to arrive with their guest to collect their wrist bands in person in advance. They must present the credit card used and the account confirmation number as well as valid Photo ID. Wrist bands are not transferable.

This event is strictly OVER 18s.

For full terms and conditions please refer to INFO at www.frontiertouring.com/kylie.

Sun 18th March 2012, The Palace, Melbourne 18+ SOLD OUT Doors: 7:30pm Show starts: 8:30pm

Sun 18th March 2012, The Palace, Melbourne 18+ NEW SHOW Doors: 11:30pm Show starts: 12:15am

Tues 20th March 2012, The Big Top, Luna Park, Sydney 18+ SOLD OUT Doors: 6pm Show Starts: 8pm

Tues 20th March 2012, The Big Top, Luna Park, Sydney 18+ NEW SHOW Doors: 10.30pm Show Starts: 11.15pm

Tickets on sale NOON FRIDAY 9 MARCH via Kylie.com and FrontierTouring.com/Kylie

Numbers are strictly limited. These shows will sell out.

Last edited:
The tour is not being openly advertised in the Australian media. The majority of hardcore Aussie nutters in both cities managed to get tickets this morning so it bodes well for the UK contingent.

Crazy that she's doing two shows per night. At this rate this tour will be more profitable (given the low overheads) than any of her previous ones.

Last edited:
The tour is not being openly advertised in the Australian media. The majority of hardcore Aussie nutters in both cities managed to get tickets this morning so it bodes well for the UK contingent.

That's not QUITE true. It's not being advertised in the standard media (that I can see), but all the gay media, Facebook (and I'm assuming twitter) are all over it. It's very viral at the moment. I reckon most people on Facebook in Sydney would know about it.

That's not QUITE true. It's not being advertised in the standard media (that I can see), but all the gay media, Facebook (and I'm assuming twitter) are all over it. It's very viral at the moment. I reckon most people on Facebook in Sydney would know about it.

Oh yeah - anyone who has a vague interest in Kylie is aware of it, just not the general public.

:D Most people in Sydney = most gay people = at least a vague interest in Kylie :D

IT'S SO TRUE

I reckon you're more likely to get more bang for your buck (you can choose how to interpret that) at the late shows.

The earlier ones will need to finish on time whereas the late ones can afford to overrun.

Last edited:
Totally! Plus three hours to perform and turn around the whole venue? Hmmmmm...

Totally! Plus three hours to perform and turn around the whole venue? Hmmmmm...

Well I don't know about the Sydney venue, but given the lack of 'stage show' and the size venue she's playing here, surely they'll just leave it set-up and removing the crowd will be about 15 mins MAX.

But I'd think she'll have to rest for a bit unless she's doing six hours ( :D ) of continuous singing?

And all that glitter and feathers from the fans will take at least an hour to hoover up.

Shame she's not anti-surgery or anti-airbrushing, but this really is the best move she's made since opting for b/w artwork.

I had no idea until 5 minutes ago. I might see if I can get tickets :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom