Artist sub-forums

Jark

User
I notice that STEPS is a sub-forum of POP but Spice Girls and Robyn (who has never been inactive) are for some reason in Retirement Village - it's bugging my OCD a bit that there's no logic to that.

Shouldn't we move those two sub-forums to pop since both are active and fairly often posted in, for CONSISTENCY?

I think Robyn was moved after the forum became inactive, even if she has never been.

Is jark suggesting Steps are a thing of the past?!

I say move the spice girls now Mel C is relevant again but Robyn should stay put

Mel C was relevant for one week. The moment has now passed, if we were going to do it.

Does the Steps Forum get that much use? I'd probably sooner bung them in the retirement section than restore the Robyn and Spice Girls forums.

It looks a bit tragic having a music forum and the only artist having their own forum (because the others are all in the divas forum) being STEPS :D

Steps were in retirement until we moved them out with the new single, weren't they?

maybe we just move Steps to sit alongside Kylie, Mariah et al? :eyes: LSL is certified diva.

I think it's not a bad idea to take all the artist subforums and put them into one 'Artist' category. It is a bit odd having Steps as the only artist sub-forum in Pop. And Lady Gaga and Kylie aren't exactly a divas
Agree with this. An "Artists" section would be much neater than what we have now.

I wouldn't be so self-indulgent as to ask for a Caramella Girls forum, but could we have a sub forum for caramel based 3 member girl bands?

Artists are always going to come and go a bit and there will also always be a bit of disagreement as to where to put certain artists - somewhere between most and all of the "Divas" have been argued for the Retirement Village or the Pop Toilet at some stage.

I agree that an overhaul would be in order and this is a good time to do it given that we're giving the whole place a wee spruce up.

Suggestions welcome!

Some of the "retirement" artists, at the time, hadn't had posts in up to a year. We're a bit busier now so perhaps why it looks odd.

Happy to put them as sub forums elsewhere, but they don't deserve full status.

I would think making a retirement forum only spurs inactivity, especially since it’s at the bottom and separate from the music forum, ie less visible.

agree with @Iguana beb that all artist subforums in an artist forum makes total sense

I also think we should probably have a Mariah Carey subforum @SDF @dUb just to clean up divas and since she's constantly talked about

I would think making a retirement forum only spurs inactivity, especially since it’s at the bottom and separate from the music forum, ie less visible.

Maybe, but the opposite has happened - they're more active now than they once were. There are reasons of course but that's how it is!

agree with @Iguana beb that all artist subforums in an artist forum makes total sense

I also think we should probably have a Mariah Carey subforum @SDF @dUb just to clean up divas and since she's constantly talked about

Jark clearly angling for LAMB LIKES here.

I think after some of my posts in her recent threads it might be too late for that :D

Reactions: Zu
Could "Pop" be renamed "Music", then keep the main forum as general pop discussion as it is now, and add an "Artists" sub forum alongside REAL MUSIC etc. and have the individual artists as sub-sub forums in that. Or is that too many subs?

I'd personally then move Divas as a sub forum under "Music".

:horny: etc.

Could "Pop" be renamed "Music", then keep the main forum as general pop discussion as it is now, and add an "Artists" sub forum alongside REAL MUSIC etc. and have the individual artists as sub-sub forums in that. Or is that too many subs?

I'd personally then move Divas as a sub forum under "Music".

:horny: etc.

The problem with sub subs is then they're not visible on the main page.

Steps is visible and that's a sub of Music for Gayers which is a sub of Pop?

Good point, well made.

Looks messy though - Steps is aligned under MfG - I think multiple sub subs would look particularly messy!

Good point, well made.

Looks messy though - Steps is aligned under MfG - I think multiple sub subs would look particularly messy!
True. It's not so noticeable on a phone screen but on the computer I agree it's messy and long list would look even messier.

Instead of overcomplicating things, why don't we just turn Divas into Divas & Moopy Icons or something and move all artist subforums into there?

I know it's OT but I really, really hate the 'REAL MUSIC' title for a forum. It's out-dated and stupid and no one uses that term anymore... either get rid (i.e. amalgamate into Indie/Alt) or, better yet, bring back the BANSHEES forum but instead just rename it 'Alt-Divas'

Actually - stream of consciousness alert.. can we have an 'alt-divas' sub-forum in Divas please please please?

Just Moopy Icons is probably fine. All the major Divas also fall under that category.
Does this have to go to an internal mod vote or something? What's the process?

If we had a vote on everything we'd get nowhere.

I'll do some poking around with forums this weekend if I get chance.

I feel like this is somewhat for the sake of it. That said if it doesn't make the forum worse or the front page messier or longer, then go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom