ASFM - A Beryl-ation: ENTRY REVEAL 8PM

I just picked the best song from the most obscure album I could think of.

Poor old Lamya is actually dead now. Had a heart attack in 2009 :(

It’s a great album btw. She used to be in Soul II Soul.

VOTE 4 ME!! (Voting now closed)

I just picked the best song from the most obscure album I could think of.

Poor old Lamya is actually dead now. Had a heart attack in 2009 :(

It’s a great album btw. She used to be in Soul II Soul.

VOTE 4 ME!!
The curse of Soul II Soul strikes again.

@David_5000 what song did you submit last time? (The one that iguana did) I’m sure there’s a running theme with your picks for me...

never mind I found it. Not only did I save that Highasakite song to my funky playlist but it has become one of my favourite songs of the year. And now you bring me that Harper Finn song? I am indebted.

never mind I found it. Not only did I save that Highasakite song to my funky playlist but it has become one of my favourite songs of the year. And now you bring me that Harper Finn song? I am indebted.

Can I Be Forgiven was a real revelation to me. Universally panned during the listening party but did really well in the votes!

It’s VERY interesting reading all the comments then seeing the votes

@Beryl

First post says the jury vote is out of 100, but only seven voted. Are you pro-rata'ing upwards?

I mean, 0 rounded up is still 0, but whatever.

@Beryl

First post says the jury vote is out of 100, but only seven voted. Are you pro-rata'ing upwards?

I mean, 0 rounded up is still 0, but whatever.
It says the 7 jury rates have been combined, averaged and multiplied by 10 to get a score out of 100

Sorry missed this; yes I do seem to fall into a habit of melancholy bangers.

I actually like this jury thing. Very tempted to do it for ASFXMAS but everyone does it.

Nice reveals everyone, it’s a bit hard to surprise me because I don’t have much idea what people like really.

although if people are going to come for me being too obvious, I’m taking @ButterTart down with me :D

I don’t honestly think I’ll ever win ASFM, I see it as an opportunity to share things I love with Moopy, in a situation where they are FORCED to listen to it.

Honestly out of all my entries this isn’t one I thought could be my highest (Hero notwithstanding, that was a new one I had to discover)

I’ve been reprimanded for sending men and/or guitars but I didn’t care, especially with the failure of Perfume (THAT was rough).

but i love Sakanaction’s song:
  • The lead singer is fit
  • The bear fans might like the other guy
  • The women are curious
  • The song is catchy even if it’s long
  • The video is giving me major 1996 Britpop Chart Show vibes

I actually like this jury thing. Very tempted to do it for ASFXMAS but everyone does it.

I like it too! Just the fact that Swirly is going to tank me isn’t great.

I like it because it gives the eliminees a decent bit of power, rather than a semi-final thing where they’re just out (and much less likely to vote)

but on the other hand I’m very anti-semis or early knockouts

"@RaspberrySwirl mentioned you in a post"

Good job i can check post edits :)
Whereas I'll never know. :(

I knew that would happen! When will we get rid of the awful save draft thing?

I was going to say that with us three being judges, it means the end to all the crappy pop songs, but then I also remembered your questionable tastes and decided not to say anything. :bad:

Omg I have just read about the jury

What experience do any of these jury members have pls? :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom