ASFM: A Beryl-ation: The Final Act

@Beryl such a shame you didn't enjoy doing it, I think overall everyone really enjoyed it and even with the twists and everything I assumed most reactions were in jest. Sometimes it's more everyone taking the piss out of each other than specifically the host but maybe it doesn't always come across that way. Nobody should put in all that work and then feel stressed about it. Hugs.

Yours was the only song not to get ANY chop votes on night one, so you were the furthest you could possibly be from being eliminated :wired:

Aha. The way the spreadsheet had me in 16th place made me think otherwise!

Great show by the way, loved the format!

Beryl, the format and the twists were perfect from start to finish; the drama it generated is a sign of its success. We’ve had several regular ASMF rounds, we could afford a slightly different one. This did the job well.

Reactions: COB
For some reason lying awake last night I thought of a properly evil ASFM format. I daren't even suggest how it worked.

Oh go on.
The idea isn't fully formed yet but it's something to do with each voter starting with zero points to allocate; if you want to award points to songs you have to deduct them from other songs in the competition.

It could pair well with the Beryl freestyle format of being able to do what you want within a 150 point limit. We could either do the nicey-nicey Junior Eurovision thing of each song starting on (say) 1000 points, but it would be more Moopy to start on zero and watch the hated songs plummet into negative territory.

In any case the results show would be a bloodbath.

Now I need to know. Anything that involves us all waking up on an island wearing explosive collars and holding a Kalashnikov, I am IN.
Me next time I get eliminated
tumblr_mlzfjc4zZK1s5lf2ro1_500.gif

The idea isn't fully formed yet but it's something to do with each voter starting with zero points to allocate; if you want to award points to songs you have to deduct them from other songs in the competition.

It could pair well with the Beryl freestyle format of being able to do what you want within a 150 point limit. We could either do the nicey-nicey Junior Eurovision thing of each song starting on (say) 1000 points, but it would be more Moopy to start on zero and watch the hated songs plummet into negative territory.

Fuck me that's brutal. At least we'd know in advance.

I also had an idea of a theme of DELIBERATELY AWFUL SONGS. I wonder if we could mix up formats.

I can see people LEAVING over this :D Sounds fun though if we can swallow our pride and steel our egos!

:D That sounds like absolute FILTH that can only end in violence. I am, naturally, in.

The issue is that if people know those are the rules in advance, we'll probably end up with quite a beige lineup of songs being submitted. Better for that voting format to only be revealed after the submissions are in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom