Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby + Avril Lavigne (SYNC LIVE NOW)

I can’t make this time exactly (work :() but if it started an hour earlier (6 UK time) I could

Black Star is a nice intro (8/10)
What the Hell is every upbeat Avril Lavigne single since 2005 (9/10)

Black Star is really so gorgeous. one of her prettiest songs ever. to this day I can't get over it being so scandalously short.

09 Black Star

I love "What the Hell". It was genuinely big here. All over radio. Between Britney, Adele, J-LO, Avril, Gaga, Katy, summer 2011 was really LOADED

You SAY
That I'm messing with your HEAD
BOY
I like messing in your BED

YEAH!

Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land

I can't believe this album is going on 11 years old at this point. I think it's my favourite effort by her, but I usually cherry pick so this syncette will confirm or rebutt.

What the Hell is fucking brilliant. just a huge tune. very much Girlfriend redux but make it a little more mellow and melodic. WHAT A CHORUS.

09 Black Star
10 What the Hell

"Push" is SO good. The melody and vibe is kind of a throwback to the Let Go era, I feel.

What The Hell was the last time anyone I know irl knew about/talked about a new Avril song

Push I think is one of 3 or 4 songs in her career that needed to be a single. how it wasn't is beyond me, it's just ridiculously radio friendly and basically Avril by numbers but extremely warm, melodic and catchy. I think it could've been big.

09 Black Star
10 What the Hell
10 Push

Wish You Were Here is an 11. Up there with Mobile and another song we'll get to later as my favorite Avril songs

What The Hell was the last time anyone I know irl knew about/talked about a new Avril song
"Here's to Never Growing Up" and even the follow ups from this album ("Smile" and "Wish You Were Here") got regular play on my local (at that time) pop station in Lansing. But they played any old shit.

"Here's to Never Growing Up" and even the follow ups from this album ("Smile" and "Wish You Were Here") got regular play on my local (at that time) pop station in Lansing. But they played any old shit.
oh they may have been played on Atlanta radio too, but I don't think pop radio really reflects whats popular in the download/streaming eras

Wish You Were Here is stunning, amazing, beautiful, emotional, transcendent, anthemic, game-changing, never-been-done-before, throw a guitar on it, strum and bop to it, damn damn damn, cry tears because it's just that bitch.

again I think this should've been the second single, released just before the album. it feels like a proper smash to me.

09 Black Star
10 What the Hell
10 Push
11 Wish You Were Here

No I don't want to let go
Just want to let you know
That I never want to let go
Let go

OH OH

I really like Smile too, even if I didn't remember it before just now

When I was listing my fav Avril songs I forgot Nobody's Home

both verses, bridge and chorus to Smile are great, but the chorus sounds airlifted in from another song :D still, she's a banger. but the wrong single choice - it really derailed the campaign.

09 Black Star
10 What the Hell
10 Push
11 Wish You Were Here
08.5 Smile

so far this album absolutely radiates warmth and joy in an almost un-Avril way. it feels really organic considering the producers attached too.

"Stop Standing There" is a cute gal.

Big Kelly Clarkson vibes from it and what she was releasing at the time.

Stop Standing There has quite a randomly chosen title. i'm all over the jangly production though. excellent use of guitars across these last four tracks.

09 Black Star
10 What the Hell
10 Push
11 Wish You Were Here
08.5 Smile
08.5 Stop Standing There

Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom