Beyoncé - act ii: COWBOY CARTER

I love LevII's Jeans, it sounds like Post Malone actually showered just to record it.

Am forcing myself to like this albam to fit in with the group and I agree it’s amazing. Have front row tickets for her show at Southend Cliffs Pavilion xxx

Bodyguard is my favourite thing Beyonce has done in years, and Daughter is not far behind.

I really tried to stay cool but your arrogance disturbed my solitude

faves are constantly rotating but currently DAUGHTER is popping off for me (that "disturbed my solitude" lyric is a fucking A+), PROTECTOR is hitting that sweet spot, and I woke up this morning craving BODYGUARD. but still the final run of 5 songs is really where it's at. what a gift of an album.

Bodyguard and Just For Fun are still my big 2 and probably have been for a week or so now! Still loving the whole collection though 😍

IMG_7427.jpeg

Levii’s Jeans is hitting today

Except it’s not about black women going into spaces where previously only white women were allowed, it’s about a black woman going into a space that was created by black women and appropriated by white women decades ago, and proving that she can hang even though she doesn’t have to prove anything to anyone about a music culture that her ancestors helped to forge, and she certainly doesn’t have to prove it to Courtney Love

:MaryamMiddleFinger:

Well I’ve had some time with this album and allowed it to bed in, as it were. It’s pretty good, if a little overlong with a fair few fillers (like most of her albums).

6.5 / 10 for the album overall.

Standouts for me are Riiverdance, Daughter, Ya Ya, Levii’s Jeans and Bodyguard.

I don’t think I’ll be revisiting the album as a whole apart from individual tracks though.

Renaissance remains unbothered as the definitive Act. So far.

oh, we're still pretending Madame X made so much as a ripple in the cultural waters? :disco:

Beyonce you can rest comfortably locking that Grammy in 2025 after skimming though Taylor's new album, ugh her POWER.

I'm surprised but this is almost challenging Renaissance as her best work. the songwriting is so strong, exquisite and exciting production throughout, killer sequencing... that last run of 3/5 songs feels like such a victory lap. I'm obsessed

many great albums in 2024 already but this will take some beating

It’s astonishingly good. I’m still discovering new moments from it all the time. This is an album that shows someone going all in on their craft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom