Beyoncé - act ii: COWBOY CARTER

IMG_7342.jpeg

TESCO HOLD EM

Beyoncé could only DREAM of having an album as perfect as Come And Get It
She should have included a cover of ‘Negotiate With Love’ - there’s your crossover hit.

Christian’s complete erasure of Bodyguard in his review is a bit concerning and I’m afraid we’re going to have cancel him :(

Considering how well 'Jolene' has been received (it got played during my work town hall this week much to the aggressive rolling of my eyes), perhaps a covers album next would be a good move

the remix of Texas Hold Em with the new verse(s) is really fucking great and totally eclipses the main version. a slay.

I see a lot of casuals enjoying LEVII'S JEANS which is also right up there for me

OK I'm ready.

10 Ameriican Requiem
09 Blackbiird
09 16 Carrriages
08 Protector
10 Texas Hold 'Em
10 Bodyguard
06 Jolene
09 Daughter
07 Spaghettii
08 Alliigator Tears
07 Just For One
07 II Most Wanted
06 Levii's Jeans
10 Ya Ya
08 Riiverdance
07 II Hands II Heaven
05 Tyrant
06 Sweet * Honey * Buckin'
07 Amen

Unbelievable. The songs are still growing and revealing themselves so it might go up more yet.

“UNBELIEVABLE” says man who scores album an average of 7.5.

It’s almost as if being so TEDIOUSLY overlong, we’re just HAPPY ignoring all the BORING BITS :D

You can’t average out an album of 20 tracks!

I gave it FOUR tens. That’s very rare for me :disco:

In fact if you chop the album in half and swap Jolene with Ya Ya, the first part is a masterpiece. In the streaming era of picking and choosing, I’d call that a win.

“UNBELIEVABLE” says man who scores album an average of 7.5.

It’s almost as if being so TEDIOUSLY overlong, we’re just HAPPY ignoring all the BORING BITS :D
It’s times like this when I am reminded of Rachel Stevens’ (as featured in the Guardian’s ‘1000 Albums to Hear Before You Die’) masterpiece ‘Come and Get It’ which wraps it all up in 45 minutes.

I listened to the interview with Hannah Robinson earlier and enjoyed it. Also made me revisit this gem

I had no idea Keyshia Cole was genuinely a thing. Or that people actually bought Damita Jo. And ASHANTI?!

I had no idea Keyshia Cole was genuinely a thing. Or that people actually bought Damita Jo. And ASHANTI?!
Keyshia was riding high off her last album’s singles and this album also had a 2Pac appearance but none of the singles from this album did much.

Ashanti was HUGE back then mostly due to featuring on JaRule tracks and Foolish was #1 for ten weeks here in the US from that album

Pre-2006 US sales were insane. Damita Jo fell off quick but had an impressive debut. I think Usher's Confessions blocked it from #1, which went diamond, so a good debut all things considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom