Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Latvia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Soldi

Πάμε put your hands up
Pronouns
He/him
I feel OVERALL the semi results were generally close to what was expected, but there were certainly a few shockers in there, Croatia and Denmark seemingly the most notable ones.

I thought poor Basil had a shot after his LIFE CHANGING PERF :disco::basil:

Am I blind or is Croatia not in options ?

I shouldn’t do these things from memory :D

Spying Latoya Jackson GIF

croatia roko GIF by Eurovision Song Contest

Ehfeuro GIF by EHF

Definitely Denmark for me. As the week went on I became more and more certain they’d pull it off. Fucking juries!

*turns out they were last in the televote*

I think Austria was somewhat shocking in that it was a good performance, well sung and came across well on screen. Yes the song was BORING but it should have been jury catnip.

I don't think Denmark was very shocking - who was going to vote for it aside from a few hardcore gays fans of the contest :D It was VERY niche appeal. I wouldn't be surprised if it performed dismally when the results are unveiled.

Croatia was shocking in that it didn't qualify, but it also wasn't all that shocking that it didn't qualify from the semi final it was part of :D It was only ever going to Croatia or Israel, both would have been unlikely IMO.

I still think Croatia was probably too niche interest of all the female bangers in the first semi final.

am so sad about this x

this isn’t what you wanted

yeah there were some lovely shots and he sang well, I guess the song didn’t feel like it went anywhere, and the staging didn’t change enough during the song to compensate

• Sad
Reactions: dUb
this isn’t what you wanted

yeah there were some lovely shots and he sang well, I guess the song didn’t feel like it went anywhere, and the staging didn’t change enough during the song to compensate
Plus racism x

It did cross my mind. Other POCs qualifying doesn't really disprove it...

But also I do realise and acknowledge the fact that the song was QUITE BLAND

It did cross my mind. Other POCs qualifying doesn't really disprove it...

But also I do realise and acknowledge the fact that the song was QUITE BLAND

well I know, I mean it didn’t seem systemic, that’s all. I think it just wasn’t the song they needed

• Sad
Reactions: dUb
Denmark because of Moldova getting through.

Croatia had a better song than Sweden and Norway but it wasn’t a shock to me that they qualified ahead of it.

I don't think there were any major shocks. Croatia is the biggest one but even that I regretfully understand.

Denmark I like the song but the perf wasn't that groundbreaking in terms of vox and staging. There just wasn't the closing the show energy it should have had.

I assumed Austria would sail through based on jury votes and the lighting that at least felt a bit different.

Croatia was very sad but not really a shock for me, it was always quite borderline from the start.

I was really convinced Austria were going through by the end, it was very well performed, felt like the juries would love it whilst not getting completely tanked by the televote either (which is what could've happened to the other Amen)

Denmark and Croatia obviously. But specially Denmark, because Croatia was admittedly in the stronger and female banger heavier semi.

I'm not really sure we had a shock non-qualifier. Both semis were fairly clear-cut. I guess Croatia comes closest but I'm pretty sure it was fairly close between Belgium, Azerbaijan and Croatia at the edge of the Top 10.

Let's be honest - there was only a shock qualifier :hostage:

I absolutely adore Denmark - but that always felt like an outside possibility, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom