Billie Eilish - Hit Me Hard and Soft (3rd album)

Looks like she's joined Kneecap. Quite the move but she has the heritage, I guess.

I'm excited. The last album is her best for me.

sidenote: why are labels letting everybody release albums this year? wtf

this may be coming within a couple of weeks - teaser billboards are going up

GKl9WmJasAA73UO

Something (presumably the album) is supposedly coming May 17, or maybe that is the announcement. So confusing :shy:

a song she's previewed on her stories seems to be called Bittersuite (:disco:)

Well that sounds very Billie Eilish

and that's not a bad thing at all...

I don’t love that cover BUT I’m excited for a new album.

I kinda love that cover. Very interesting approach to go for no singles too - I guess she's coming off a genuine worldwide hit with "What Was I Made For?" so she can afford to be brave.

Presumably she means no pre-release singles?!

not sure what's more annoying the no single or no visual/video trend.

is this why we end up with 52 week top tens?

that preview is sounding like Billie Bossa Nova.

excited nonetheless!

Taylor Swift is seemingly doing the same, do I smell a new AWFUL and ANNOYING trend?

What's awful about it? In the streaming age, the people make the choices anyway, look at "Cruel Summer".

What's awful about it? In the streaming age, the people make the choices anyway, look at "Cruel Summer".
it's harder to have more than one or maybe two hits once the album is out, so it still makes sense to push a couple of tracks beforehand. there are a few exceptions though...

tracklist

01 Skinny
02 Lunch
03 Chihiro
04 Birds of a Feather
05 Wildflower
06 The Greatest
07 L'Amour de ma Vie
08 The Diner
09 Bittersuite
10 Blue

I'm assuming that having "Lunch" after "Skinny" is an entirely intentional piece of sequencing and that there's a lyrical strand (potentially running through to "The Diner"?).

I think it’s more that if you’re releasing a full album, just release a full album. Don’t announce it for 2 months away and do nothing. Singles are promos. Videos are promos. Live performances are promos. If you’re doing nothing just release the album when it’s done. She’s trying to be innovative, okay. But why.

And who can be arsed / has the time to listen to whole albums? I need artists to TELL ME which songs are OBJECTIVELY BEST so I can decide to listen further based on those

As a singles person, i'm not a fan of the trend either but you're right that the public will essentially pick the singles.

I love a single too but she's made her career on singles and one-offs so I like the focus on a 10-song sequence as a whole thing.

the last album had five pre album singles over 18 months so I don't mind the switch up here. also is she trying to be innovative? Taylor is doing the same. if it's a short tight body of work she wants to be heard in that way... go for it

I think it’s fine to ignore the singles and just push the album especially considering the high her career is on.

the last album had five pre album singles over 18 months so I don't mind the switch up here. also is she trying to be innovative? Taylor is doing the same. if it's a short tight body of work she wants to be heard in that way... go for it

Didn't Taylor drop it straight away though?

Watch Taylor drop the album along with videos and remixes on the same day :basil: a trailblazer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom