Can we DISCUSS that Albanian catastrophe?

They warned her. Anxhela, Eugent, Lindita, they all took her to one side.
"No good can come of staging" Was their solemn caution. "Just stand there and shout for three minutes; it's the Albanian way."
"I must tread my own path" Came Ronela's reply. "I'll make the motherland proud, I promise." With a misty eyed salute to her forebears, she took off her top, turned the love eggs up to the Fukushima setting, and boarded the Vengabus to Turin.

I did find the deep growling voice at the beginning a bit alarming so God knows what it did to children across the continent: sobbing and screaming behind the settee, begging for a relaxing Chupa Chups, etc. Mums would have been far too worn out to vote :(

There was always the risk that her, quite literally, screaming out this (half-finished) song would be her undoing.

Did we talk about them doing her dirty on the recap, basically showing none of the main song??

It was better than I thought tbh but I don’t think there were any lost classics in this semi

Recap killed it, I thought this was a fantastically deviant opener.

I remember when it was the first entrant announced and almost uniformly we thought it had a lot of potential, that there was a great song in there, following (1) a revamp and (2) Ronela reigning in her vocal ‘excesses’. They basically did the exact opposite of that.

Also, why did it take so long to get going?

They've turned this iconic moment
Ronela_Hajati_Sekret_Fest60_Nata_Finale.gif

to this nothingness
ReflectingImperturbableDoe-size_restricted.gif

Thoughts with all the twinks in Turin coming back to their hotels from Euroclub tonight honking this out of tune, before accidentally swallowing a cigarette and falling down a flight of stairs on the fire escape :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom