Captain Sir Tom Moore DEAD

Timed BBC announcement and everything, like a member of the Royal Family.

Captain SIR Tom, to you.

How disrespectful.

Being one of Indie's Deathlist picks has a worse safety record than the oil rigs.

I have nothing against him, but the hero adoration of an old well off white man earning money for a government funded institution did grate on me somewhat.

But kudos for achieving multiple life goals in the last 12 months of a long life. That said his Blankety Blank appearance does suggest he may have peaked in the 1980s.

Being a complete moron here, but I kind of scoff when ex-military people use their ranked titles decades past being at all relevant.

He was only promoted to Captain temporarily near the end of the war.

How was your Cyprus trip?
When did I go to Cyprus? :D

I did go to Greece although that was back in the summer when we were out of lockdown and the government said it was safe to do so :)

Was he on said Barbados trip? Judging by his massive home they could probably have afforded it, that said who was looking after those charity funds? :eyes:

Have any other no.1 acts died within a year of hitting no.1?

God we need @Eileen back.

It makes him a perfect one-hit wonder. One No 1 and no other chart entries (let's face it, there isn't going to be an album of blues numbers in the can, we're not in an Eva Cassidy situation here).

I shan't speak ill of the dead and he obviously did seem like a lovely old chap, but everything I've seen and heard of the immediate family (including those lovely holiday snaps) does give GRASPING CUNT vibes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom