Carrie Underwood

I'm optimistic about the new album but I hope she at least deviates from the angry/shout-y uptempo formula A BIT this time around.

Carrie Underwood has already revealed she has finished recording the follow-up album to her 2009 multi-platinum-selling 'Play On,' and now she says people will get to see a different side of her personality with the new set of tunes.

"Something that may surprise some fans is that there are a few darker songs on this album," Carrie tells Entertainment Weekly. "I have always been a fan of songs that have attitude, but the ones I'm talking about have a darker storyline. It seemed to be what the album wanted, so I decided to roll with it."

The 28-year-old undoubtedly penned several songs on the upcoming album, but she also relied on the songwriting community to help her finish the album -- a fortuitous decision that led to one of her favorite tunes she's ever recorded.

"The first time I heard one song in particular, I swear I got chills and goosebumps all over my body," Carrie recalls. "I immediately called my manager and said, 'I have to have this!' I don't think I have ever been that excited about a demo before. And seeing it all come together to become so much more than that demo has been really special."
Looking forward to that last one :disco:

Last edited:
Carrie's been Top 30 on UK iTunes since I Know You Won't was performed on X Factor. That girl, Kerianne something, now has by unending support just so Carrie can be her superstar duet partner at the final.

PbUYr9Y.gif

She's pregnant but apparently they're pushing a new single in some weeks (and presumably a new album) anyway

I smell a More Than a Woman (by T-Brax)-esque commercial DISASTER

Last edited:
New album Storyteller out in October, with the typically underwhelming lead single Smoke Break out NOW

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3ealNayCkaU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Album tracklist

1. Renegade Runaway | Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey & Carrie Underwood
2. Dirty Laundry | Zac Crowell, Ashley Gorley & Hillary Lindsey
3. Church Bells | Zac Crowell, Brett James & Hillary Lindsey
4. Heartbeat | Carrie Underwood, Zach Crowell & Ashley Gorley
5. Smoke Break | Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey & Carrie Underwood
6. Choctaw County Affair | Jason White
7.Like I’ll Never Love You Again | Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna & Liz Rose
8. Chaser | Mike Elizondo, Hillary Lindsey & Carrie Underwood
9. Relapse | Ben Caver, Sara Haze & Brett James
10. Clock Don’t Stop | Chris DeStefano, Blair Daly & Hillary Lindsey
11. The Girl You Think I Am | David Hodges, Hillary Lindsey & Carrie Underwood
12. Mexico | Kathleen Higgins, Jamie Moore & Derrick Southerland
13. What I Never Knew I Always Wanted | Brett James, Hillary Lindsey & Carrie Underwood

Last edited:
"Smoke Break" is confirmed as the first song of her forthcoming fifth studio album "Storyteller", which is scheduled to be released on digital retailers on October 23rd via Arista Nashville.

I'm on board with Smoke Break, even if the lyrics are a little clumsy.

Her albums have got progressively worse for me though, so I'm not sold on whether to bother with it yet :(

Last edited:
iTunes Festival PERF

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cfmTWgoDtIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New album track, Heartbeat:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WVFsqWdxWS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
What do you think of the album, dUb? I'm listening it for the first time now. I'm hoping it has a "Do You Think About Me" or two

Oh POP! I'm just not sure. My first impressions aren't the best... I don't much care for Hoedown Carrie and she shows up a bit too often on this. Choctaw County Affair in particular is NOT what I'm here for.

There aren't enough gloopy midtempos for my liking but obviously I love Heartbeat (now FIRMLY ensconced in dUb's Carrie Wail-Along Hall of Fame) and Like I'll Never Love You Again. Relapse, Renegade Runaway and Church Bells also very good. I've seen people saying What I Never Knew I Always Wanted is distorted but I don't really hear it. That's nice too.

Need more time with it but at the moment it's sitting with Play On towards the bottom of her discography.

WHAT ABOUT U

Last edited:
Why have I only just heard this? And why is there nothing like it on the album?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GThrVfhLr3E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:disco:

Just had a massive moment to RELAPSE :disco: :disco: :disco:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZBCSZbZTnSw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PLEASE MAKE IT A SINGLE

Last edited:
AND can we please talk about Sam Hunt who sings on Heartbeat thanks

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8QZWF4N6SNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:horny:

Last edited:
*posts another YouTube which nobody sees*

I think I'm ready to declare Relapse one of the pop songs of the year. That second chorus :disco:

SING IT NONEVENT

It's just EPIC

Sadly I have abandoned the album apart from the four songs that made it onto my Best of Carrie playlist.

Which is as follows

Some Hearts
Wasted
Don't Forget To Remember Me
Some Hearts
Jesus, Take The Wheel
Lessons Learned
Starts With Goodbye

Carnival Ride
So Small
Just A Dream
Get Out Of This Town
I Know You Won't :disco: :disco: :disco:
You Won't Find This
I Told You So

Play On
Someday When I Stop Loving You
Temporary Home (what is this doing here)
Unapologize
What Can I Say

Blown Away
See You Again (barely hanging on)
Thank God For Hometowns
Good In Goodbye
Wine After Whiskey :disco:

Greatest Hits: Decade #1
Something In The Water
Little Toy Guns

Storyteller
Church Bells
Heartbeat
Like I'll Never Love You Again
Relapse

What can I say, when it comes to Carrie songs I HAVE A TYPE (gloopy as fuck)

I obviously never bothered with Blown Away (aside from the single) as I don't recognise any of them but I shall investigate :disco:

I Ain't In Checotah Anymore and Change are the only big omissions I can see :evil:

I just reassessed both of those and I'm afraid neither of them will be making the cut at this time.

DO listen to those Blown Away tracks. They are sublime.

:disco: :black: @ the choir

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9wupvdFqEsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not sure Cry Pretty works well as a single, but she's really given some brilliant vocal performances of it live:

I love that - was the last album any good at all? I didn't bother after "Smoke Break"being so MEH. She's gotten PREGNANT again- it seems the baby is due early next year as the tour does not start until May.

Impromptu Carrie Top 10:

1. I Know You Won't
2. Wasted
3. Little Toy Guns
4. Quitter
5. Something in the Water
6. Before He Cheats
7. Blown Away
8. Do You Think About Me
9. Two Black Cadillacs
10. Undo It

How Great Thou Art is absolutely incredible.

The last album was pretty good. I love Heartbeat - that and Relapse, Church Bells and Like I’ll Never Love You Again would be my HOT PICKS

Who's excited for the new album? :)

I AM after reading this
http://tasteofcountry.com/carrie-underwood-cry-pretty-album-songs-the-bullet/

1. “Cry Pretty” — The current radio single. It's almost a Top 10 hit, so there's probably not much more to say about it.

2. “Ghosts on the Stereo” — Think "Record Year" by Eric Church. The song finds Underwood getting over heartbreak with some of her favorite country legends. Technically it's a ballad, but she brings great energy to this radio-friendly arrangement.

3. “Low” — If Chris Stapleton influenced Underwood's writing and recording at all, it's evident on during this soft, acoustic heartbreaker. "Low" is simply brilliant — even a Song of the Year candidate, should she choose to release it to radio. By holding back vocally, she allows the brilliant metaphors room to breathe.

4. “Backsliding” — This is another "can't get over you" kind of song that finds the protagonist backsliding into bad habits. We're four songs in and there's been no real uptempo song.

5. “Southbound” — There it is! "Southbound" is an easy beach song with plenty of smiles, margaritas and chatter. Without a doubt it's the most playful song on this album.

6. “That Song That We Used to Make Love To” — Underwood wasn't joking when she said she took bold chances on Cry Pretty, and from a production standpoint, we hear it during this song. An usual piano-like plinking carries the arrangement. Lyrically the mid-tempo track finds her again thinking about an old relationship. "I probably shouldn't say it, but I just wanna play it," she sings during "That Song That We Used to Make Love To."

7. “Drinking Alone” — This is a great song in any era of country music. "Drinking Alone" showcases Underwood's more mature understanding of soul and blues. The backing vocalists act as her subconscious during this jilted lovers union. "You got me thinking we should be drinking alone, together," Underwood sings. Where does that lead? We can only imagine.

8. “The Bullet” — "The Bullet" is going to steal headlines, and since it's not available to be heard in its entirety, we'll be careful about how we describe it. The song details a mother burying her son, using a refrain about how a bullet keeps moving long after it has hit the target, ripping holes in the hearts of everyone the deceased knew and loved. It's a statement to be sure, but without the benefit of a second listen or the song lyrics on paper, we'll stop short of calling it anti-gun.

9. “Spinning Bottles” — This is the second of two straight box-of-tissue songs. "Spinning Bottles" is somewhat open for interpretation, but we heard a wife singing about her tortured, alcoholic husband. The song brings great empathy to substance abuse. It's a brilliant vocal performance that truly stretches her capabilities.

10. “Love Wins” — "Love Wins" also makes a statement, albeit a much more agreeable one. Courageous lyrics and a positive message make this the kind of song fans will only realize they love later. Honestly, it gets kind of lost after "The Bullet" and "Spinning Bottles."

11. “End Up With You” — A straight-forward love song.

12. “Kingdom” — When Underwood released her track listing on Sunday, we had this pegged as a religious song, but it's not really. Her "Kingdom" is the home she's built with husband Mike Fisher. Anyone looking for a reference to her November 2017 fall can stretch to find it here — the opening verse refers to a creaky board on the front porch. A big chorus helps wrap Cry Pretty with a heartwarming, everything-is-gonna-be-OK smile. "It's our life, it's our heart, it's our home, this is our kingdom," she sings.
END GUN VIOLENCE CARRIE

Reactions: SDF
Well here is Love Wins

I like it but can't say I'm overly impressed with her using a very LGBT-specific mantra and diluting it without reference to its true purpose. Seems a bit "all lives matter" to ME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom