Charli XCX ft. Lizzo - Blame It On Your Love

Jark

User
Charli's next drop is coming in May and features Lizzo.

It's an old song (at least 2016) which was heavily reworked to become Track 10 on Pop2, and then (in original form) planned to drop last summer before they switched to 1999, so who knows what it sounds like now, but I'm curious

all of the incredible imagery she puts out and she thinks this qualifies as camp?

It's here:

After a couple of listens I like it quite a bit! Track 10 is probably my favourite Charli song so I never expected this to surpass it, but it's quite fun and might (hopefully) give her a hit.

Track 10 is just too noisy for me, I prefer this one, even if it does feel a touch basic.

I think I prefer "Track 10" but this is far more likely to spread to a wider audience, I guess.

Mark Ronson's response to that proves he is now a spiritual member of the gay community

:disco:

Reactions: COB
"Nuclear Seasons" was the first XCX tune that really made me go "oh, hello...this is more than a bit good". So I take his point.

The album is 15 songs, she seems to be teasing an imminent announcement of title/tracklist etc.

In other news her old track Glow got repurposed into Dream Glow with BTS and it's gorge

This is the one thing that does hack me off a bit about her - the endless teases and "I've got something for yooooo...." type posts. Bitch, if we're reading, it's because we love you already, don't be so thirsty.

If she drops this on the summer solstice (ie next Friday), I may well shit myself.

This new remix by Dylan Brady from 100 gecs (who I just made a topic about!) is fantastic, and pushes the song back into Track 10 territory then EVEN FURTHER:

i like blame it on your love but it's not even close to her best work. i find lizzo very compelling in the video. not sure i like what she's serving or not, but it's definitely a double take moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom