Christine & the Queens - Paranoïa, Angels, True Love (album 3)

⚠️ the album is a triple album (!) with three Madonna features (!!) - this is not a drill ⚠️ out 9th June

ghf2xfj1rfg7a_org.jpg

Disc 1
1. Overture [1:23]
2. Tears can be so soft [5:11]
3. Marvin descending [4:06]
4. A day in the water [4:01]
5. Full of life [4:32]
6. Angels crying in my bed (feat. Madonna) [4:26]
7. Track 10 [11:09]

Disc 2
1. Overture (feat. MIKE DEAN) [1:26]
2. He's been shining for ever, your son [5:01]
3. Flowery days [3:00]
4. I met an angel (feat. Madonna) [6:06]
5. True love (feat. 070 Shake) [5:47]
6. Let me touch you once (feat. 070 Shake) [3:15]
7. Aimer, puis vivre [4:50]

Disc 3
1. Shine [5:52]
2. We have to be friends [4:14]
3. Lick the light out (feat. Madonna) [6:31]
4. To be honest [3:41]
5. I feel like an angel [4:31]
6. Big eye [7:47]

the track titles are giving lots of ruminations on death.

loving the ENTHUSIASM! this is really really good though

• Love
Reactions: GNL
Enjoying the new one and very much here for this project. Maybe he can even drag a little relevance out of Madonna

I think I'm just going to dive straight into the triple CD cometh the hour. After all, if it's a grand folly, it will, at least, be grand.

this is straight into my CHRIS top TEN

01 Girlfriend
02 Doesn't Matter
03 Night 52
04 La Vita Nuova
05 The Walker
06 Tilted
07 Saint Claude
08 True Love
09 Make Some Sense / iT
10 To Be Honest

so glad this album is sounding like a return to form.

oh the third single is so supremely fucking gooooood. it's giving early 90s, Sade, quiet storm in the absolute best way, I'm shook.

DELICIOUS

oh the third single is so supremely fucking gooooood. it's giving early 90s, Sade, quiet storm in the absolute best way, I'm shook.

DELICIOUS

That's fucking EXQUISITE

I'm slowly digesting this. Parts of it are lovely, and are hitting my emotional spot. Other parts feel wildly inaccessible - but I'm appreciating the 90s-00s indulgence of the vision. It's giving Bionic in terms of scale of ambition.

I got halfway through Track 10 and gave up. Maybe I wasn't in the mood but it was all a bit much.

So far, I'm keeping:

1. A day in the water
2. True Love
3. Tears can be so soft
4. Full of life
5. Flowery days
6. To be honest
7. We have to be friends

I'm waiting to see if any of the other grow, but everything above is sublime

I'm still cherry picking but I think my keepers are

True Love
A Day in the Water
To Be Honest
Tears Can Be So Soft
Marvin Descending
Aimer, puis vivre

in roughly that order. and maybe the second of the Madonna tracks (it's the only one of which her contribution feels in any way valuable).

I'm with Louf though, these songs are all wonderful and if the others are a bit too tough or meandering for me, that's OK.

I was lucky to see Chris perform this album in its entirety last night at Southbank Meltdown Festival.

Just wow! I'd only listened to the album once in full before the gig, but it has made me want to revisit the album immediately. Chris really brought it to life as an almost rock opera concept album, whilst living through their Angels in America era. Stand out tracks that weren't album pre released were Flowery Days, Full Of Life and We Have To Be Friends.

I expect when the album is toured there will be more classic Chris tracks thrown in but as a piece of theatre; the album performance worked so well. Chris was even chastising the audience for leaving their seats to use the bathroom, suggesting they cover themselves in their own piss. Tongue firmly in cheek (I think!).

Such a great performer and talent though, amazing.

Reactions: GNL
Ended up biting just in case the CD with the full thing goes o/p. The follow day, the whole thing is on bandcamp for €6.99 (+ VAT) :octy:

Still, it's a lot on first pass but nothing struck me as superfluous. It's built as an album which is pretty much the last thing anyone wants these day so props for the boldness.

I still think this album is bloated and veers more towards artistic than accessible (which is fine I just prefer the latter) but there’s still a handful of gems and I’m particularly enjoying this at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom