Cilla Black DEAD

To be honest, until recently I never realised just how shockingly bad a singer Cilla Black was. I mean, I knew she wasn't great - but some of those cover versions are beyond unforgivable (especially the Whitney one!)

To be honest, until recently I never realised just how shockingly bad a singer Cilla Black was. I mean, I knew she wasn't great - but some of those cover versions are beyond unforgivable (especially the Whitney one!)

She was very much of the Bassey BELTER over actual shade and pleasantness to listen to school, buther 60s voice was much more listenable:

I actually quite like some of the 60s hits.

Reactions: LTZ
On the topic of Su, my copy of the all-important Band of Gold (Donna's Sneaky Strings Summer Madness mix) was lost a couple of hard drives ago if anyone could indulge me 🙏

She was very much of the Bassey BELTER over actual shade and pleasantness to listen to school, buther 60s voice was much more listenable:

I actually quite like some of the 60s hits.

I love the songs, but in the case of practically all her hits, prefer versions by other singers.

This is the only song of hers I can genuinely say I enjoy. But I'm a sucker for a Cook/Greenaway early 70s lite banger.

Quite amusing there's been such an avalanche of Cilla material for us to pore over the last few days.

Never seen anyone call her out in her life UNTIL

I'd seen this before, but I think without the admittedly very funny, very camp end part

Very few awful cunts have been this iconic with it, tbf

I'd seen this before, but I think without the admittedly very funny, very camp end part

Very few awful cunts have been this iconic with it, tbf

Yeah I think we have to give her that one, well played Evil Our Cilla.

Really going to have to control the urge to use ‘SURPRISE SURPRISE’ in a cuntish way in everyday life.

Someone did it to me yesterday. And someone too young to remember it first time round.

Almost punched him.

There was a thread on Twitter about the way that Cilla Black is fast passing into folklore with ever more exaggerated tales of her abysmal behaviour. This quickly turned into a suggestion that, by 2223, children will talk fearfully of 'The Scyllablack'. :D

This post elsewhere made me laugh :D

Re; Cilla Black... I'm pretty sure it was in a thread here somewhere that a poster told the story of doing some work at her place and came across husband Bobby in his shed, tending to his budgies (I think: something like that) and jokingly said to him "keeping out of her way then ?", to which Bobby replied "you've no idea, mate".

Someone on TikTok has started a campaign to get the "Surprise Surprise" song to #1 for Christmas!

I think I'd rather have LadBaby again!

Bloody hell, that is even worse than usual. Send that to a warzone and they'll settle their differences and invade Britain together.

The comments are always an utter joy.

A voice like a goose farting in the fog

A voice like a docker gargling gravel

A voice that could peel the enamel off your teeth

A voice that could take the chrome off the fender of a Morris Minor

Voice of an angle. Acute and sharp.

We have to accept our share of the blame in this; as a nation we allowed this awful woman to wake up each morning thinking she was a talented and beloved singer. It's only after dying face down on her patio following a coke binge that she's starting to receive the critiques she could really have done with in life.

We have to accept our share of the blame in this; as a nation we allowed this awful woman to wake up each morning thinking she was a talented and beloved singer. It's only after dying face down on her patio following a coke binge that she's starting to receive the critiques she could really have done with in life.
We (and by that I mean even I) were very young. We were gaslit by baby boomers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom