Cinemas reopening 2021

Halli

Cheese and pickle?! Basic...
Anyone else really looking forward to this on Monday? Me so more than pubs really!

Thought there could be a thread as I am not quite sure what is OUT, apart from I guess BOND is finally coming out very soon?

What else is new out imminently which hasn't been SOLD to a streaming site during lockdown? All I have seen is Peter Rabbit two and interviews with JAMES CORDEN, no thanks!

I am wondering if there are also classics and some films that were only released just before lockdown may be shown again in some cinemas.

What are YOU planning on seeing first? :disco:

Everybody’s talking About Jamie!

so glad they’ve held off and not gone down the sky premiere route, I need to see myself on the BIG SCREEN

The Unholy for me next week. Based on James Herberts ‘Shrine’ book (although Americanised now I think).

Can’t wait. Even if it’s poo!

E25D9CCA-D4D8-4EBA-8AEC-D2E79502B5BC.png

Vue are showing a few “classics” but also a few films that originally went straight to streaming will be in the cinema for a limited time in the first few weeks, including some of the big Oscar films.

Vue are showing a few “classics” but also a few films that originally went straight to streaming will be in the cinema for a limited time in the first few weeks, including some of the big Oscar films.

Perfect, will keep an eye on the listings.

I saw 'A Quiet Place' after the first lockdown, it was not that great, but decent enough when I hadn't been to the cinema for so long, I think they were rolling it out as A Quiet Place 2 was in the can..

Off to see Blow Out at the BFI on Monday just because Cineworld isn't opening until Wednesday. I MAY actually give it a miss even though I booked a ticket, because if it's pissing down with rain I don't know if I can be bothered, and I've seen it on the big screen before.

Other than that just booked Those Who Wish Me Dead on Wednesday evening.

Disappointed again with the Prince Charles Cinema programme as it's the same old same old that they play all the time anyway, and well, a lot of the "new" stuff on offer are the Oscar films that I couldn't wait for and found via other means. Looking forward to A Quiet Place 2 though.

One film that seems to have disappeared that I wanted to see and was due out before they all closed again was Freaky. I supposed they'll wait until Halloween for that.

Booked to see the new Pedro Almodovar on Wednesday. It’s only 30 minutes but I’ll take anything.

I wanted to see The Unholy but it’s on on one evening I can’t do.

My local cinemas are closed for at least another week (and probably longer) due to the Glasgow area getting an extension of level 3 restrictions, but at this stage I think I'll just wait until later in the summer when I've been vaccinated and only go and see big/blockbuster stuff at the cinema. So... Black Widow, probably?

I'm most excited about concerts.

My rankettes actually:

1. Concerts/gigs
2. Pubs
3. Cinema

Sorry NOT sorry.

Just seen that Freaky is out on 25th June. So glad I didn’t find a download as it looks like a proper cinema romp.

I have Spiral, The Unholy, Those Who Wish Me Dead, Peter Rabbit 2 and Mortal Kombat booked. Working next door to a cinema is a godsend, and it's only £3.50 a ticket. :disco:

Last edited:
I'm most excited about concerts.

My rankettes actually:

1. Concerts/gigs
2. Pubs
3. Cinema

Sorry NOT sorry.

Same. I've always enjoyed the comfort and quiet of my own four walls (or someone else's) to watch a movie.

I feel that sentiment has only increased in the last 18 months or so.

For me, cinema is still the best place to watch new films, I love the whole experience (apart from the price of popcorn) - the smell of cinemas, the huge screen, the trailers. If I am at home, I find it very hard to switch off and not have other distractions.

In other news, I think Who Wished Me Dead might be my pick out of all those. Is this a new release or was it released before lockdown?

I have loads on the voucher for my local cinema that I won on a quiz during the first lockdown, so next week I’ve got The Sound of Metal, Judas & the Black Messiah and Rare Beasts all booked. I’m turning into Ellie :disco:

In other news, I think Who Wished Me Dead might be my pick out of all those. Is this a new release or was it released before lockdown?

It’s new. Streaming simultaneously on HBO Max in the US, but cinema is truly the best way to watch stuff.

I wasn’t a massive fan of a Wind River, but Hell or High Water is a modern classic IMO.

Odeon have emailed me to say they aren't charging for Limitless during May, and then it's only 9.99 until September. Which is nice but there will hardly be anything on :D

Everybody’s talking About Jamie!

so glad they’ve held off and not gone down the sky premiere route, I need to see myself on the BIG SCREEN
Well this aged badly... announced today it’s coming to Amazon Prime in September. No cinematic release. Ugh.

Based on the latest reopening plans, the earliest we can open cinemas here is end of July. I hate this.

Well this aged badly... announced today it’s coming to Amazon Prime in September. No cinematic release. Ugh.

Oh no! This seemed like the perfect british release to roll out at the cinemas...maybe in the Autumn :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom