Commonwealth Games 2022 (Birmingham)

Madíson

Everything goes up by six
Pronouns
He/Him
I guess we better have a thread.

Opening Ceremony about to begin - I have low expectations. I bet it’s full of augmented reality.

Claire Balding is really trying to dupe everyone into thinking this is on a par with the Olympics.

And the BBC really need to find some new content. These ‘inspirational’ montage videos they pack into their sporting coverage are beyond woeful.

Camilla making sure she’s not gonna get upskirted in those spacious suit pants

I think I missed what this building represents, but it's pretty cool looking.

Does the U.K. have any other history going on apart from the industrial revolution?

(Apart from slavery of course)

I've been working on the cycling time trial event planning for a fair few months (it feels like years :)) so it's a bit surreal to think the Games is actually here now.

I went to the opening ceremony dress rehearsal on Tuesday and was quite agog to see Ginny Lemon rock up :D get money bitch!

I've been working on the cycling time trial event planning for a fair few months (it feels like years :)) so it's a bit surreal to think the Games is actually here now.

I went to the opening ceremony dress rehearsal on Tuesday and was quite agog to see Ginny Lemon rock up :D get money bitch!
You’re ALIVE! :shock:

Other than the bit with the bull, I've had no idea what's going on.

I'm not sure what to make of it - just a lot of people prancing around in jump suits.

This is so much better than the last Commonwealth Games opening ceremony I watched, if only because that monstrosity Clyde is nowhere to be seen.

OMG THEY'RE NOT TALKING TO EVERY COUNTRY ARE THEY?

London 2012 WOULD NEVER

This is so much better than the last Commonwealth Games opening ceremony I watched, if only because that monstrosity Clyde is nowhere to be seen.
It might be seen if Glasgow hosts a certain contest next year :(

I saw a DISMEMBERED Clyde the Thistle sculpture missing an arm in a park a few weeks ago, I'll have to take a photo next time I'm there.

I caught brief glimpses of the opening ceremony, it looked DREADFUL.

Commentator: this might be the finest moment of Denise Lewis’s career :D

It wasn't that dissimilar in tone to Danny Boyle's opening ceremony for London 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom