Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
If the r number really is that in London then we are well and truly fucked :D

this better not affect my big move in to the cesspit

What constitutes as a MAIN MEAL? If it is lunchtime does a sandwich suffice?

If I go in to somewhere and order said sandwich can I then stay for 3 bottles of wine?

Before lockdown the three bottles of wine would LITERALLY suffice here, nothing not even CHIPS needed :D

Shit is getting really serious here; they’ve closed the sauna at the gym because of the current escalating situation.

I was just reading an insta post from a doctor who was due to have an exam in London on Monday, but it's been cancelled as the R rate is 2.9. That sounds pretty official!

BBC NEWS STARTING THE PUSH THE NARRATIVE THAT AN IMMINENT NATIONAL LOCKDOWN IS ALL BUT INEVITABLE

The Times reporting that Johnson will be announcing on Monday a lockdown beginning on Wednesday.

There's quite a lot of "mights" in that headline.

Does seem fairly inevitable. But at least the kiddies still get to go to school.

I'm still getting at work from all angles - "Well what are we going to do for our Christmas party then?"

WE AREN'T DOING ANYTHING YOU DAFT CUNTS. AND THANK GOD FOR THAT!

Just lock us the fuck down*. It makes total sense.

*- albeit please leave the gyms open and let me still swim in the sea.

Just lock us the fuck down*. It makes total sense.

*- albeit please leave the gyms open and let me still swim in the sea.
Lockdown 2.0 is definitely softer here. Unfortunately gyms are still very much closed :( but parks and beaches remain accessible as opposed to last time.

Watch this be another botched UK lockdown.

We'll come out of lockdown before Christmas and before you know it they'll wheel out an idiotic 'eat out to help out at Xmas' scheme (or similar) and then act all surprised when rates go back up in February...

Last edited:
Still think Christmas is going to be a disaster if people will gather as usual.
Of course it will be.

I don't think the UK government (or many European governments for that matter) still get the concept of a lag phase in a pandemic. And they've been dealing with this for nearly a year now. It's shocking.

Once again, Ms France proving - like Bionic - that she was ahead of her time.

But BIONIC flopped, so.. there is that.

Sorry but for me the only Divas I've been here for during the corona era have been New Zealand, China and South Korea.

The Holy Trinity of Corona Queen countries in terms of handling it.

If a single country in Europe manages to sort their stuff out the way those ladies have done I will give it up with the applause applause applause. But not yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNL
Again why LEAK this over the weekend which will only encourage everyone to go out and see each other, if you’re gonna do it just DO IT!

Not a particular fond of announcing it 5 days in advance over here either. My parents drove home from the supermarket yesterday and because my mum is a little nosy she told my dad to slow down a little infront of each Restaurant they drove past which led to a glorious rant over the phone.

“PACKED! PACKED! ‘Oh let’s all go out, have dinner one last time and see each other because we can’t in November!’ PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS!”

i laughed but it’s pretty sad how predictable it all has become.

And yeah, Christmas (and the second half of January) will be a disaster.

This is probably a very :DAF: question but does national include Scotland? If so what was the point of Nicola spending all that time doing a tiered system?

Why are schools and universities exempt from a new national lockdown? Aren’t they the biggest spreaders? So all the Uni students can come home to their parents for Christmas and we’re in that vicious loop all over again.

The uni students are a fucking nightmare. I went out for dinner last night and walking back I must have seen at least 5 big groups ignoring the rule of six. The university here is talking about clamping down but doing fuck all about it too- I saw 8 people sat at a table in the dining halls this week and have lost count how many times I’ve been woken up by huge groups on the common opposite me whilst the security guards just look on.

We also had an illegal rave organised by students in the town centre a couple of weeks back

A few weeks back the number of positive cases in uni students was ridiculous. I think they've a big part to play in this.

But BIONIC flopped, so.. there is that.

Sorry but for me the only Divas I've been here for during the corona era have been New Zealand, China and South Korea.

The Holy Trinity of Corona Queen countries in terms of handling it.

If a single country in Europe manages to sort their stuff out the way those ladies have done I will give it up with the applause applause applause. But not yet.

I do think Sweden is handling it rather nicely, like an episode of Veep where everything is crashing and falling apart but in the end things turn rather ok anyway.

A few weeks back the number of positive cases in uni students was ridiculous. I think they've a big part to play in this.

Not sure if it's still the case, but a couple of weeks ago, Bristol uni students alone (so not including UWE) were three quarters of all new cases here. And most of their halls are all very central - a lot literally on top of the main shopping centre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom